Best Irish Football Players Ever: Top 60 (2 Viewers)

bollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllockx. stan bollox. poorly struck penos go in every day of the week. watch that shoot out, packie guessed right for every single kick. he got closer with each one. it was inevitable he was gonna get one. compare him to the romainian keeper who looked like he wasn't bothered cos it was out of his hands. lung was his name. great name, but helmut dukadam he was not.

packie was a great keeper, but he may just have gone on too long. people remember the peno save, it was iconic, but they also remember the howlers against holland in 94. a bridge too far for our packie.

That's exactly my thoughts on it. Packie was a great keeper for a long time, but he just too old for USA 94. And you're completely right about the penalties, he got closer every time and it was inevitable he would get one. Legend.

bollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllockx. stan bollox. poorly struck penos go in every day of the week. watch that shoot out, packie guessed right for every single kick. he got closer with each one. it was inevitable he was gonna get one. compare him to the romainian keeper who looked like he wasn't bothered cos it was out of his hands. lung was his name. great name, but helmut dukadam he was not.

packie was a great keeper, but he may just have gone on too long. people remember the peno save, it was iconic, but they also remember the howlers against holland in 94. a bridge too far for our packie.

So what if they go in all the time what I said is true isn't it ? It was a poorly struck penalty wasn't it ? It wasn't a criticism of Bonner was it ? He was a decent keeper. He wasn't amazing in the way Neville Southall or Oliver Kahn are amazing but he was a good keeper. Whether or not he was a good keeper it was a poorly struck penalty.

I love winding you up.

So what if they go in all the time what I said is true isn't it ? It was a poorly struck penalty wasn't it ? It wasn't a criticism of Bonner was it ? He was a decent keeper. He wasn't amazing in the way Neville Southall or Oliver Kahn are amazing but he was a good keeper. Whether or not he was a good keeper it was a poorly struck penalty.

I love winding you up.
southhall was shite.

Nothing much wrong with that. Two out of three times it goes in, if the keeper goes the wrong way. Also it was right on the floor and had decent pace, making it much more difficult, and Buffon does a really good job pushing it away. Combine that with the fact that Buffon is (or certainly was) one of the top 5 keepers in the world, and it seems clear that a lot of keepers wouldn't have managed that save.

southhall was great. So was Shilton. 2 shining examples of lads that shouldn't have been good keepers (one fat, one short) being good keepers.

another great fat keeper (as much as it pains me to say it) was Andy Goram Andy Goram (chuckle).

Nothing much wrong with that. Two out of three times it goes in, if the keeper goes the wrong way. Also it was right on the floor and had decent pace, making it much more difficult, and Buffon does a really good job pushing it away. Combine that with the fact that Buffon is (or certainly was) one of the top 5 keepers in the world, and it seems clear that a lot of keepers wouldn't have managed that save.

The keeper needing to make a decent save does not make it a good penalty. If it's put in the corner with power, no keeper is getting to it. Too central and a keeper can be good and/or lucky and save it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back