Beatles Rock Band (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter old
  • Start date
  • Replies 61
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 1
You don't like Rock Band, we get it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

yeah truth be told complaining about rockband is something i do next to breathing. i kinda forget how many times i complain about it because its become an inbuilt function through my work, i actually have to cover this kind of thing weekly. my reason for not liking these type of things is that they promote gratification through emulation via rigid data entry basically. because the deadly music of the beatles is playing though people tend to get relaxed about what they are mentally putting themselves through. A big beatles fan might set a little personal challenge to complete this thing, then spend hours on end tapping keys staring at a screen following commands untill whatever lightshow is unlocked. i find this deeply sad, as really, if you want to emulate the beatles, or learn something from them, go and search out a number of art forms from across the globe and combine them in a way which reflects the collective mentality of you and your mates.

Or on the other hand thousands of kids might get turned onto The Beatles and want to learn to play.

Also ITS A GAME. You know, fun. A laugh. Give it a bash sometime, you might enjoy it.

I dunno, as a game format it's getting pretty stale, they need something new, not just more songs.

And saying 'it's a game, a bit of fun' or whatever is like saying music is just 'a bit of catchy singing, a good laugh'. there should be more to it.

imho obviously, I like rock band but i've only ever played it in other peoples houses

Or on the other hand thousands of kids might get turned onto The Beatles and want to learn to play.

Also ITS A GAME. You know, fun. A laugh. Give it a bash sometime, you might enjoy it.

those thousands of kids are my students for the past few years. de-teaching the expectations that these things create about playing music and progress pretty much occupy my first 3-4 lessons with all the kids who come from that stable, and they arent learning as well as the kids who dont play it.

i have played it, got the hang of it, got bored.

Music is a deadly serious business, you're right. In fact I reckon I might give up on music altogether, I obviously just don't take it seriously enough.

those thousands of kids are my students for the past few years. de-teaching the expectations that these things create about playing music and progress pretty much occupy my first 3-4 lessons with all the kids who come from that stable, and they arent learning as well as the kids who dont play it.

i have played it, got the hang of it, got bored.
You have said the same thing before, we get it. You don't like it.

All I'm saying is even though you have to de-train them, isn't it probable you're getting more kids through the door thanks to the game?

I bet the army have the same problem, damn kids coming in expecting to headshot people on the first day.

no need to get snippy
Well what do you know about the game? You're saying it's stale, but how do you know seeing as it's not even out yet?

From the reviews I've read it seems almost as though it's an interactive documentary, they haven't just charted the songs and waited for the cash to come in. Here is the Eurogamer review, it seems as though the developers have put a lot of love and care into it.

mmm, good point. It is from what I know about the game. maybe they've changed the entire format.

you don't like me saying it either. there's something to that. i'm getting more through the door by i'd say 25%. to be cynical, i make money off this game, theres 2-3 lessons of deteaching it that just didnt exist before, its on the menu and not by my choice. this is no reason for me to stand up and defend it when i know it has a negative effect on actual abilities.

I'm just bored of hearing the same thing over and over again, not the actual argument. I get why people don't like it, we don't need to be told over and over again why they don't.

mmm, good point. It is from what I know about the game. maybe they've changed the entire format.
Well the basics are obviously the same, but they've supposedly tailored it to make it a real treat for Beatles fans.

sure i'll give it a whirl and let you know if i'm still demanding AAAAAAAARRRRRTTT from my computer games

you dont.

from a guitar teacher point of view posting on a music forum jam packed with musical parents, i sort of feel responsible to be clear about how it works on kids, not really hounding you as such dude, its just not likely television commercials will be dripping with information to that effect.

you dont.

from a guitar teacher point of view posting on a music forum jam packed with musical parents, i sort of feel responsible to be clear about how it works on kids, not really hounding you as such dude, its just not likely television commercials will be dripping with information to that effect.
I'm sure the musical parents of thumped are delighted you're there to tell them something that blindingly obvious.

We're in the nerd forum, talking about a computer game. Can you not just let us look forward to playing something we enjoy without the snide comments and the lectures?

it depend how people take my comments, you take them as snide lectures, i take it as giving information i have picked up from dealing with this thing from a different perspective. another person might read it and think of it of it differently. if you knew in advance i had a conflicting opinion, you certainly fed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back