battles & high on fire, mon 17 + tue 18 july (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 88
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 5
did anyone notice that ian williams is the spitting image of sparse? except maybe not quite as handsome.

Kims Deal said:
I asked John Stanier about the high cymbal and he said it was just a gimmik, something a bit different is all...

he is normally a high cymbal kinda bloke, just not that high. i love watching him drum.

Pretty amazing alright. Seen Decal before but not Battles. Hope they play soon again, with air conditioning!

sotuhofvox04.jpg

He is going to be so sweaty tonight.

g-stereotypical said:
jeez ian williams looked like he was having a ball. facial expressions and everything.

His mouth was going crazy, I think he was hankering for a bit of bubblegum....

This gig in a word - selvaggio!

Watching John Stanier was making me dizzy. Absolutely class drummer. Powerhouse.

Nate Champion said:
His mouth was going crazy, I think he was hankering for a bit of bubblegum....

I thought he'd some yokes in 'im!

When we met John Stainer at ATP, he told me that the extended high hat thing was for a pause {as in it takes him that little bit longer to reach...}.

Did any one else think that last 'shuffle' beat track with the crazy tom-on-tom action wasn't a millions miles away from 'some girls' by rachel stevens...

piratio said:
Did any one else think that last 'shuffle' beat track with the crazy tom-on-tom action wasn't a millions miles away from 'some girls' by rachel stevens...

Or any 1 of a million tracks on this label:
util_logo_kompakt_blackbg.gif

loads of tickets on the door for high on fire tonight, who I expect to be better than battles

Isn't he? I knew yer man who played with the melvins was touring with them earlier in the year, but seeing as thrones are playing that supersonic thing in Brum I assumed he was back in. That's what I get for making assumptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back