BASTA! CHRISTMAS/NEW YEARS GIG -28th DEC (w/nerdlinger!) (1 Viewer)

is greystones prepared for the possible massive numbers at this gig? hope its not gonna have to be in the big hall.

damien said:
is greystones prepared for the possible massive numbers at this gig? hope its not gonna have to be in the big hall.
A lot of regular wicklow heads are gone off for xmas.

trianglegrrrl said:
A lot of regular wicklow heads are gone off for xmas.
who?

We're never prepared for big numbers damo, but we'll make do. and theres no chance of it beign in the big hall. ever. Lets just hope the pigs understand.
:confused:

what's the story with drinking at this, basta events are no-drinking yes?

La La said:
though dylan whats your stance on having a sneaky one outside? i cant remember...

nah we cant afford to risk even the discreet drinking, sorry, its just too much hassle and if we let some do it it sort of creates double standards which isnt on. Its pretty early in the day anyway, everyone should just get langered afterwards if they wana get langered. Anyone who hasnt been to a Greystones gig recently will be surprised at how much people dance without drink, we've sort of gotten it to a stage where the atmosphere is no drink, but its not no drink in the awkward sense where theres a shit atmosphere, most people seem to have gotten over that and just go mad completely sober..|..|

Dylan said:
nah we cant afford to risk even the discreet drinking, sorry, its just too much hassle and if we let some do it it sort of creates double standards which isnt on. Its pretty early in the day anyway, everyone should just get langered afterwards if they wana get langered. Anyone who hasnt been to a Greystones gig recently will be surprised at how much people dance without drink, we've sort of gotten it to a stage where the atmosphere is no drink, but its not no drink in the awkward sense where theres a shit atmosphere, most people seem to have gotten over that and just go mad completely sober..|..|

Wow, that sounds really difficult. Something like that could never work.

Dylan said:

yeah no worries, figured that'd be the case. i have no problem with staying sober for the gig, as you said there's always afterwards! lookin forward to it .|..| :D :heart:

La La said:
yeah no worries, figured that'd be the case. i have no problem with staying sober for the gig, as you said there's always afterwards! lookin forward to it .|..| :D :heart:

lala your getting me cans after! :)

bump.

we set up the projector and stage area (of the main hall, not where we do teh gig) into a cinema to show the video and it looks fickin amazing. all the walls are black as well! .|..|

La La said:
hey, i didnt mean any offence by the 'another guy' comment, i just couldnt remember his name and i said i was sorry, no offence meant by it at all! :)
i wasn't commenting on your comment, i was just using it to point out that it wasn't a case of karen being overlooked 'as usual', just of cormy and those other two guys being the most well-known members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back