Barcelona v Liverpool (1 Viewer)

Agreed with the comment about Gerrard and Mascherano, they would be the best central midfield pairing, and would make Alonso and Sissoko fight for their places, Benitez obviously wont drop them.

How can you say this ??? you have prob seen mascherano twice!! I am a manu fan so couldnt care who plays but I will asy this, gerrard is playing on the right because he is your best right winger! no other player in the squad is as good as him on the wing. Until benitez buys a good right winger it will be where gerrard plays. As for mascherano, give him time, i dont think you can start calling for him to be first choice already. If he ends up being as good as he should he will rival kevin doyle for bargain of the decade. At the moment apart from his passing sissoko has been outstanding. in the first leg vs barca he was brilliant and didnt give them an inch!

How can you say this ??? you have prob seen mascherano twice!! I am a manu fan so couldnt care who plays but I will asy this, gerrard is playing on the right because he is your best right winger! no other player in the squad is as good as him on the wing. Until benitez buys a good right winger it will be where gerrard plays. As for mascherano, give him time, i dont think you can start calling for him to be first choice already. If he ends up being as good as he should he will rival kevin doyle for bargain of the decade. At the moment apart from his passing sissoko has been outstanding. in the first leg vs barca he was brilliant and didnt give them an inch!

Like I already said, Sissoko is great at closing down players, but still gave the ball away too much in Barcelona. As for Mascherano I saw enough of him at the world cup, as well as some matches i saw on eurosport, and he is proven quality, hence my statement.

Either way, Lille to win 2-1 tonight, go through on away goals! :D

Like I already said, Sissoko is great at closing down players, but still gave the ball away too much in Barcelona. As for Mascherano I saw enough of him at the world cup, as well as some matches i saw on eurosport, and he is proven quality, hence my statement.

Either way, Lille to win 2-1 tonight, go through on away goals! :D

Ha ha No chance...we can win at home....:eek:

My two cents on last night

We were shit in the second half - incredibly bad
V good in the first but gave the ball away so easily

Midfield is a huge problem
Momo's passing is all over the shop
Alonso looked rubbish last night...none of the trademark panache with his passing (and that seems to be gone for quite a while). At least momo was getting stuck in, albeit giving it away so easily.
Stevie G wasnt too bad but kept drifting in as usual. He was better than the other two though - Was screaming at the tv for masch to be introduced in place of one of them

Pennant - can we just put him on the transfer list please?

Finnan and Carragher - only candidates for Liverpool's player of the year

lets put this one to bed. momo against lesser opposition. not needed.
game we need to win... ie attack...not needed.
away game in camp nou...NEEDED!

pennant. that ball he put in for crouch. so good.
pennant. falls over at crucial moment. barca in. he also bones messi. so bad.

carragold. legend. that tackle on deco. deco took off into the air.
finnan. outstanding. never panics. superb on the ball. and made some telling interceptions as well.

saying alonso was rubbish is harsh. barca's midfield and forward line is unreal and they didnt get much joy. alonso is a fantastic player but hes human at the end of the day and cant be expected to be fantastic every time.

the masch didnt exactly set the world on fire (mind you, he was alright) against sheff utd so i dunno was that a game to put him in.

bellamy was great
did nobody else see that
we also became turder when he came off

bellamy needs to stay on. he was superb in both games and had a decent game v man ure as well.

mind you hes been asked to chase balls into the corner flag so i guess hes gonna tire.

rafa might have been crucified had barca scored again.

I have always admired Alonso and like him as a player, but as Ciaran said, he has not been himself for quite some time, he is vritually anonymous in most matches nowadays.

Agreed with the comment about Gerrard and Mascherano, they would be the best central midfield pairing, and would make Alonso and Sissoko fight for their places, Benitez obviously wont drop them.

The problem is out wide. You play Gerrard and Masch in the centre, but you cant play Sissoko or Alonso out wide, unless you opt for a diamond more compact midfield, but that hasnt really worked for Chelsea either. Only alternative is to play the two central midfielders and Gonzalez and Pennant on either wing, and no one wants that! But that also means he could be tempted to play Bellers wide as well which would be a waste.

Agreed it was a negative move taking him off last night, he was lively and had the pace which would have pinned Barca further back.

To sell:
Pennant
Arbeloa (I have no faith)
Aurelio (also a useless sack heap)
Zenden (I like his attitude and spirit but I dont think he has a future there)

Gonzales gets a season before I judge him, but hes not going to be the talent he was hyped up as.

Carragher will get player of the year. Finnan should be there or there abouts, Kuyt for the sheer effort he puts in.

Arbo - have faith in him. he was decent yet again last night. hes played twice for liverpool and has had to mark ronnie and messi. talk about a baptism of fire.

Aurelio - didnt like him for the first half of the season but the guy has improved majorly. we're seeing a bit of this gifted left foot rafa spoke about. hes comfortable on the ball (he is brazilian after all!) and passes well. mind you he still cant take a free kick.

pennant. that ball he put in for crouch. so good.
pennant. falls over at crucial moment. barca in. he also bones messi. so bad.

saying alonso was rubbish is harsh. barca's midfield and forward line is unreal and they didnt get much joy. alonso is a fantastic player but hes human at the end of the day and cant be expected to be fantastic every time.
n.

Agree on Pennant-he has got the ability to do a couple of great things but he is too weak for someone who has been "inside"...Alonso wasn't amazing last night, and while he can't be expected to be fantastic every time, there has been a dip in his form this season

And Trev- both Aphex and Finnan were smart enough to leave Limerick as soon (or in Aphex's and maybe Finnan's case before) they could walk

totally disagree - arbeloa was spot on last night. only error was playing the prick onside for the goal, apart from that he kept messi on his bad foot and got stuck in. we could have bought him just for this tie and he'd have been worth it.

alonso and sissoko kept xavi and deco out of the game - again, can't ask much more. of all the teams in the world who'll press you in your own half barca are the best. alonso was never going to be stroking the ball around.
momo had a couple of howlers, but a couple of inches lower and we'd all be singing his name - which i was anyway. this wasn't like saturday where the pool needed a composed central midfielder, it was death or fuckin glory.

wouldn't have taken bellamy off until a bit later on, but the idea was clearly to get into the space behind iniesta at the end, and it nearly worked twice. tactically a great move, not benny's fault if pennant can't tell his arse from his elbow sometimes. bring in alves in the summer and cure it, along with a lethal finisher.

mascherano will prove himself over the last few weeks of the premiership. no point chucking him in to the ring on a night like that. it was pure fuckin magic. what's everyone so angsty about??

"cheerio"

GSRonaldinho.jpg

Arbo - have faith in him. he was decent yet again last night. hes played twice for liverpool and has had to mark ronnie and messi. talk about a baptism of fire.

Aurelio - didnt like him for the first half of the season but the guy has improved majorly. we're seeing a bit of this gifted left foot rafa spoke about. hes comfortable on the ball (he is brazilian after all!) and passes well. mind you he still cant take a free kick.
yeha aurelio looks ok, had a great game against chelsea... i'd play him at left back, and riise at left wing.

How much of Diaby have you seen?
Pre Sunderland injury etc?

Watch and see how this guy develops.
ah he's alright. i like the cut of his jib. but you know, vieira had the passing as well as the bullying. like souness in his prime. i like that kinda player. is diaby that kind of player. time will tell.

fade to black. run credits. barbers "adagio"

ah he's alright. i like the cut of his jib. but you know, vieira had the passing as well as the bullying. like souness in his prime. i like that kinda player. is diaby that kind of player. time will tell.

fade to black. run credits. barbers "adagio"

So Liverpool got PSV and if they win that they get Chelsea or Valencia. Not a bad draw....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back