Barcelona v Liverpool (1 Viewer)

We deserved to go through over the two legs, but tonight we were woeful.

First things first. Sissoko. He might be fantastic at closing players down, breaking down play and harrassing players (you should hear his smack talk on the pitch), but seriously he has to be dropped. His performance against United was terrible and tonights was even worse. He has no control and his pass completion rate is worse than that of every woman in Ireland at her driving test.

Secondly; Arbeloa. He may have been playing out of position over these two legs, but even at right back I think he would be poor. I cant see him lasting at Liverpool more than a season or two. He has poor positioning sense and gives too much space and time to attackers.

Gerrard.. play him in midfield, he was in his best form this season when sissoko was injured.

Mascherano.. granted only saw him against the Blades, but he is proven class and would exert far more control.

If it wasn't for some great displays by Carragher, Finnan and Agger we'd be out. Oh and the bad luck that sees us being robbed of so many chances.

Bah.. feck this for a bag of chips.

Gerard was absolute muck tonight but yeah Carragher, Finnan and Agger played very very well. Agger is looking like a nice by for the scum!

Liverpool can do Roma, Chelsea and defo Valencia out of those through.

And since Sissoko is playing rubbish and suspended for the game anyway we should have Gerrard back in central mid playing better.

What are the odds on an all English semi-final or is it possible?

Gerard was absolute muck tonight
How can you say that???????
He ran his heart into the ground, Liverpool shoulda been 3/4 up by hT, obviously after HT they were gonna get more nervous and Barca get stronger.

Agreed with comment Carragher/Finnian as best players.

hands up who lost a wendy house

what a defensive minded tw@t benny is
taking off bellend again is a disgrace, coulve cost us
it made us weak up front and suspect at the back
as it allowed them to bring on forwards for defenders
there was no way kuyt up front on his own could do
anything against 2 defenders he had already run his
b0llix off by that stage

we shouldve walked that game and wouldve if one
of our 7 or 8 chances in the first half had gone in

anyway were through and were gonna draw the scuts
on Friday

sissoko can't pass. he was terrible, murial. 10 yards away and he was missing the players. he and alonso don't work as a midfield apiring for me. the masch should be playing. momo was out for a while, maybe he's not back in the groove. i've no doubt he will be good, but when they were that young makelele and vieira could pass the ball.

pepe reina tho....comedy goalkeeping. he really has to go, after doing his best to throw the game at the camp nou, handing the ball to john o'shea, and clearing a path for skullface to score, he's really shown himself up. again. clown.

but jayses, i don't think it was as bad as dunphy was making out. pool coulda shoulda been 2 or 3 up by half time, but please lads, keep the poxy ball. gerrard is a nothing player, he said. in one of his moods he was. we need a striker who can score goals. really. crouch's chance there at the end, fuck me, how many more clear-cut opportunities does he need? prick. sell him, the cunt.

still..... could have been much worse..............

George Hamilton called Sissoko 'Sudoku' tonight. That was funny. The rest of it was way too much for my heart. Valencia will be kicked out of the tournament. No question.

then he kept interchanging between sussoku and sissoko
I have to laugh at the fucker
remember years ago when we were in portugals group
he must have just been there on holidays the year before
and he was trying to pronounce their names in port of geezer
it was fucking hilarious , he sounded like manuel

sudoku , he cant figure out the football puzzle
nearly as good as his "baggio brothers , their fathers a cobbler from turin"
quote in usa 94

I thought Liverpool were solid last night. Disappointed to lose as we shouldn't have but a professional performance. Steve Finnan is a legend.
The Gerrard knocking is ridiculous as well. He played well. Take it elsewhere Nofriendo, and by the way, the phrase Red Scum has always applied to YOUR team, so it looks a bit daft coming from you directed at Liverpool.
Hope you get your arses whipped tonight.

aahhh didn't know nofriendo was a red devil/

fixed.

Gerrard btw got good ratings in the papers.
english papers....

diaby can't pass janer.
that defensive midfielder buzz is a tough one. on the one hand, all teams like a clogger like sissoko. but it's great if they can play too. we have the masch, i think he'll grow into a great player. tim cahill has it. vieira ha(d)(s) it. cambiasso.... too many players like cesc fabricass/xabi alonso don't have the requisite balls/pace to do the job completely. didier zokora might have. get that player, and keano, vieira, deschamp, makelele, uh paul lambert, they all had it, they all won stuff too. it's a crucial role. but you need to be able to pass it too, and knock in the occasional goal. well, not if you're deschamps. or makelele. you know what i mean.

it's a momo conundrum... is he gonna be good enough. isn't masch like having momo and alonso in one body. masch-gerrard, what a central pairing that could be. rafa is fleible tho. 3 through the middle, attacking winger/strikers or full backs... interesting.

still, you do need a big squad these days. we slipped up a bit when momo was out, last season and this, just cos he does a *particular* thing. crucial position, and now we have options in it. ssssssssound.

My two cents on last night

We were shit in the second half - incredibly bad
V good in the first but gave the ball away so easily

Midfield is a huge problem
Momo's passing is all over the shop
Alonso looked rubbish last night...none of the trademark panache with his passing (and that seems to be gone for quite a while). At least momo was getting stuck in, albeit giving it away so easily.
Stevie G wasnt too bad but kept drifting in as usual. He was better than the other two though - Was screaming at the tv for masch to be introduced in place of one of them

Pennant - can we just put him on the transfer list please?

Finnan and Carragher - only candidates for Liverpool's player of the year

I have always admired Alonso and like him as a player, but as Ciaran said, he has not been himself for quite some time, he is vritually anonymous in most matches nowadays.

Agreed with the comment about Gerrard and Mascherano, they would be the best central midfield pairing, and would make Alonso and Sissoko fight for their places, Benitez obviously wont drop them.

The problem is out wide. You play Gerrard and Masch in the centre, but you cant play Sissoko or Alonso out wide, unless you opt for a diamond more compact midfield, but that hasnt really worked for Chelsea either. Only alternative is to play the two central midfielders and Gonzalez and Pennant on either wing, and no one wants that! But that also means he could be tempted to play Bellers wide as well which would be a waste.

Agreed it was a negative move taking him off last night, he was lively and had the pace which would have pinned Barca further back.

To sell:
Pennant
Arbeloa (I have no faith)
Aurelio (also a useless sack heap)
Zenden (I like his attitude and spirit but I dont think he has a future there)

Gonzales gets a season before I judge him, but hes not going to be the talent he was hyped up as.

Carragher will get player of the year. Finnan should be there or there abouts, Kuyt for the sheer effort he puts in.

I thought Liverpool were solid last night. Disappointed to lose as we shouldn't have but a professional performance. Steve Finnan is a legend.
The Gerrard knocking is ridiculous as well. He played well. Take it elsewhere Nofriendo, and by the way, the phrase Red Scum has always applied to YOUR team, so it looks a bit daft coming from you directed at Liverpool.
Hope you get your arses whipped tonight.

it can refer to any team with scum and the colour red. Hey, i aint slagging off the pool. I think they have been quite good this season and was glad to see them get through. But this whole defend gerrard on every occasion is stupid. He was one of the worst liverpool players last night (not including pennant! because he took the biscuit )

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back