Bands/Singer-Songwriters required for recording (3 Viewers)

lugerson

Hi all, I'm in the process of setting up a brand new studio. I'll be open sometime in mid august and I'm looking for a few bands/singer songwriters to get the ball rolling. For a limited time I'll be doing a rate of €200 per song. This will include recording, mixing and mastering. This rate is within reason. All bands etc should be well rehearsed and I would typically allocate 1-3 days per song depending on hrs, acts and how well I'm getting on with the band.

My studio is very high end and I will be typically looking for €400 a day when the studio is up and running. The studio is equipped with a newly acquired MTA Trident desk (the actual desk was used to record Portishead's 1st two albums including "Dummy" and part of PJ Harvey's-"Stories from the City, Stories from the sea album")

All mics and outboard are class A equipment and there is also an Otari MTR 90 MKII 2" Tape Machine and Apogee converters. I also have a large selection of guitars, amps and effects for hire for sessions too.

I'm a certified city and guilds engineer and I have working experience in studios in town. If people are genuinely interested and would like to work with me then please PM me. This studio far exceeds the terrible standard of low-mid budget studios in Ireland. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Hi all,
Just a quick post here to update my ad. I've had several bands in since I opened the studio in august. Bands are taking a lot longer than expected to record. A lot of bands are unprepared (i.e. not knowing parts or just bad musicians that require a lot of editing, not having drums tuned, not having fresh strings, turning up late or not at all, messing about etc) which I did not really take into account when I advertised this post/studio. As a result I've found myself working for less than the minimum wage for most bands!
From now on I will be charging per hr or else a higher rate per song. Also if you require the material to be mastered then this will be additional and if you require your material on 2" tape then this will be additional due to tape costs.
I genuinely think that this is a very cheap studio to work in when you consider the equipment I'm using. If you'd like to record with me and you take yourself seriously as an artist then please PM me.
Regards,
Madlaf

Hi there,

We´ve just seen your post re €200 per song. We´re not pros but we´re certainly serious about this. If you are still offering that price we´d like to record a song sometime in September, and maybe more if we´re happy with the result. Where are you based? You can check our stuff here www.myspace.com/evasagenda and you can contact us on [email protected]

Hi Lucy, yeah no problem I'll keep your details as I often get requests for session vocalists. Regards,
Lugerson

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back