BAND OF HORSES: The Button Factory - Wed. Feb. 20th. Tickets on sale 2moro (2 Viewers)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
*Tickets on sale tomorrow morning - Wed. Nov. 7th @ 9am*

Southern charm aplenty from Band of Horses who have just released their second album ‘Cease to Begin’ on Sub Pop Records. Former Shortlist Award nominees, Band of Horses are one of those great expectations for 2008.

POD Concerts presents

BAND OF HORSES
Support: TBA

Wednesday February 20th

The Button Factory - Curved Street - Dublin 2

Doors – 8pm

Tickets €18.85 (inc. booking fee) available from Ticketmaster, Road Records, City Discs, Sound Cellar and usual outlets.
www.ticketmaster.ie

www.bandofhorses.com
www.subpop.com/artists/band_of_horses www.myspace.com/bandofhorses

“Band of Horses do guitar-based indie very well--well enough, at least, that the next generation of American indie bands may bear comparisons to them.” Pitchfork Review

“Cease To Begin' is the second album by this trio from the foothills of the Appalachian mountains and, with angel-voiced lead singer Ben Bridwell at the fore, it's a delightfully soothing record.” NME

Released in March of 2006, Band of Horses’ debut Everything All the Time made good on the promise hinted at in their early shows and demos. The band went from early shows opening for friends Iron & Wine, to playing on The Late Show with David Letterman by July, and being nominated as one of ten finalists (along with Joanna Newsom, Beirut, Tom Waits, and, the eventual winner, Cat Power) for the Shortlist Music Prize for that same year. And the record was well-received critically, with celebratory press in Spin, Entertainment Weekly, NY Times, Harp, Billboard, Pitchfork, Magnet, NME, Uncut, and a slew of others. Not a bad place to start.

For a lot of reasons, Cease to Begin is the perfect title for this new record. Not only do the songs themselves weave this theme through the record, but stopping and starting anew is also a reflection of the past year and a half for Band of Horses. Though they worked with producer Phil Ek again, as they did on Everything All the Time, much has changed between the fairly recent then and now. There have been band members who have come and gone, including Mat Brooke, who left the band to pursue other interests and his own band. For core members Ben Bridwell, Rob Hampton and Creighton Barrett, there has been a move from Seattle, WA to Mt. Pleasant, SC, a relocation that had been planned for some time so that they could all be closer to their families. And, close friends and family have come and gone—some far too early. Necessarily shot through with these experiences, the songs on Cease to Begin are strikingly beautiful, if less elliptical and more straightforward, with moresophisticated arrangements than the last record.

deadly! have they played here before. ive only just discovered them in the last few weeks.

i hear Cave Singers are supporting for this?

that's one of the guys from Pretty Girls Make Graves, ain't it?

Also, right after seeing Band Of Horses in The Button Factory you can head over to Whelans (upstairs) and catch Kinski (Sub Pop) + Large Mound (doors at 10:30pm).

This option is only recommended for those capable of handling that much rock in one night. It's not for everyone.

bold. i like it.

Actually I think the upstairs in Whelans venue could be really good. Got the see the room in it's unfinished state. It's small enough but well laid out and you won't need that many people to fill it and have a rockin gig ...

yeah my thoughts too. could be a real competitor for boomboomrooom.
only thing was i was only the other day talking to allistair and he was still unsure how rockin things could get upstairs.
i guess since youre playing the rock factor can be maxed out.

yeah my thoughts too. could be a real competitor for boomboomrooom.
only thing was i was only the other day talking to allistair and he was still unsure how rockin things could get upstairs.
i guess since youre playing the rock factor can be maxed out.

Leagues has assured me they will be fully rock-compliant.

New album is a bit shit though isn't it? Really liked the first record.

No no no it's not shit!! :( Is There a Ghost is savage. It's a really good album - I love the first, and it's my favourite out of the two, but I can't say a bad word about Cease to Begin.

Saw them in ATP and thought I would die of happiness! Cornered Ben afterwards and told him to play Ireland ;) He's probably hoping the small psycho blonde who babbled at him at ATP doesn't turn up to this... lmao

I could sleep
I could sleep
I could sleep
I could sleep
When I lived alone
Is there a ghost in my house?

I could sleep
I could sleep
I could sleep
I could sleep
When I lived alone
When I lived alone
My house...

I could sleep
I could sleep
I could sleep
I could sleep
When I lived alone
When I lived alone
My house...

I could sleep
I could sleep
I could sleep
I could sleep
When I lived alone
When I lived alone
My house...

sometimes i think those lyrics could put me to sleep!!!! still, may check them out if ye reckon it's worth it....

This should be super. Caught them at ATP. Rocked me sweetly. New album is very similar, but me still likes. Check shirts at the ready.

No no no it's not shit!! :( Is There a Ghost is savage. It's a really good album - I love the first, and it's my favourite out of the two, but I can't say a bad word about Cease to Begin.

Saw them in ATP and thought I would die of happiness! Cornered Ben afterwards and told him to play Ireland ;) He's probably hoping the small psycho blonde who babbled at him at ATP doesn't turn up to this... lmao

You nearly had me talked around but then I realised that I'm flying to Lyon that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back