Ballroom of Romance - Terrible News (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knacker

Website
www.ballroomofromance.com
Hey all... I'm afraid I've got some terrible news. We're going to have to end the Ballroom of Romance's tenure in the Lower Deck. Apparently there were some problems with insurance for the venue. It seems that they will probably have to close off that section. I think it was something to do with it being so close to the canal and flooding was a major issue. There were also issues concerning the fire exits as they may be inadequate.

We're probably going to stop doing the Ballroom of Romance for a while. Personally speaking I can say that my job has gotten far too demanding and I can't afford to spend much time on it. Allen, Derek, Phil and Aodh are all also very, very busy (indeed Derek spends most of the week travelling around Europe with his work). Indeed for those of you who were there last Friday, you would have noticed how tired we were.

We might do something later in the year, but for the time being I'm afraid to say that Ballroom #14 was the last.

aww, man. what a kick in the goodmusic nads.twas great.

sorry for quoting Reef but ...

come back brighter.

I wish it was a piss-take. But Allen met up with the venue last night to confirm dates for the rest of the year, and they told him about this. I'll be updating the site tonight.

Kinda shitty alright.... I reckon we'll ease off. You've got to remember that HGF just released an album and played a fairly hectic tour... and I'm involved in the start-up of the second biggest project AIB's ever undertook. So ye know... date's just a coincidence.

Still...there's always Sugar & Spikes in the Sugar Club and me mate Niall is starting up a Thursday night club in Slattery's of Capel Street.

The Ballroom of Romance is very important to the 'scene' - a regular place to go and meet up in real life, a real community-builder. If it really is disappearing it's really important to replace it as soon as possible, or it'll be a big setback for us all

Jeez, that's a real pity. Well done to Billy and HGF for all the ballrooms. Cracking nights, excellent music; a model for how to put on gigs.

(..sighs, 'i'm sailing at half mast....')

Originally posted by egg_
The Ballroom of Romance is very important to the 'scene' - a regular place to go and meet up in real life, a real community-builder. If it really is disappearing it's really important to replace it as soon as possible, or it'll be a big setback for us all

yeah, even if it was only once a month that'd be fine. there are other venues if people were prepared to hobble out to them. and if the ballroomians wanted to continue, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back