Ballroom of Romance#18 18th July 2003 (2 Viewers)

billygannon

Contributor
Ballroom of Romance#18
Friday 18th July 2003
Venue: The Lower Deck, Portobello (just behind Portobello College - which is a stone's throw away from the Bleeding Horse)
Time: 9pm
Tickets: €6 (with a free CD-R to the first 100)

Bands:
NPB (National Prayer Breakfast).
giveamanakick
Richer Than Astronauts
Obsolete

I'll blurb about those bands later on...

If you go see Holy Ghost Fathers in the Blackfort Organic Art Gallery beforehand, there will be five free CD-Rs there. Show them at the door and you get in for less.

And we will be selling tickets for the Big Bad Bandy Ballroom Birthday Bash which is on in the Sugar Club on Sunday 3rd August.

Join the Ballroom Building Fund. For a mere €35 a month you will be saving a dog, a man with a chair, a fish-like creature and feeding twelve albino gerbils that live in a drum-kit somewhere north of where you are sitting.

Here's the poster..

nextgig.jpg

Right...

The Ballroom Birthday Bash on the 3rd August, which will feature a heap of bands, is going to be pricier than normal.

However, if you buy a ticket for it at the Things You're Missing stall you will get in much cheaper.

Put it to you this way... if you go to this and you buy your Ballroom Birthday Bash ticket, you'll get to go to Ballroom#18 and the Birthday Bash for pretty much the same amount as you would if you were to arrive at the door on the night of the Ballroom Birthday Bash thingy... phew!

billygannon said:
Right...

The Ballroom Birthday Bash on the 3rd August, which will feature a heap of bands, is going to be pricier than normal.

However, if you buy a ticket for it at the Things You're Missing stall you will get in much cheaper.

Put it to you this way... if you go to this and you buy your Ballroom Birthday Bash ticket, you'll get to go to Ballroom#18 and the Birthday Bash for pretty much the same amount as you would if you were to arrive at the door on the night of the Ballroom Birthday Bash thingy... phew!
Could you explain that?

sparse said:
Could you explain that?

ummm We're selling tickets at the Things stall for €10 and it'll be €15 on the door at the Sugar Club on Aug 3rd.

...so if you go to the Ballroom for €6 on the 18th and buy a ticket, you'll even more rocktastic rock for just over the price of the birthday bash on the door.

That'd be Billy Logic :D

Unclealo said:
ummm We're selling tickets at the Things stall for €10 and it'll be €15 on the door at the Sugar Club on Aug 3rd.

...so if you go to the Ballroom for €6 on the 18th and buy a ticket, you'll even more rocktastic rock for just over the price of the birthday bash on the door.

That'd be Billy Logic :D

whats the story with the c.d. al..when de yis need tracks?? I heard everyone is getting two or is this a big fat lie.?

Latex lizzie said:
whats the story with the c.d. al..when de yis need tracks?? I heard everyone is getting two or is this a big fat lie.?

The whole CD will be a kinda best of the year. Will feature bands playing and not playing and some live/ some studio etc. etc. We're considering doing a double 80 min CD-r, but for logistical reasons (i.e. the work involved) we might only do a single..

Latex lizzie said:

The whole CD will be a kinda best of the year. Will feature bands playing and not playing and some live/ some studio etc. etc. We're considering doing a double 80 min CD-r, but for logistical reasons (i.e. the work involved) we might only do a single..

So basically we have to decide what goes on it this weekend..

Unclealo said:

So basically we have to decide what goes on it this weekend..
If you need a hand with burnin' or anyfing bud, I'm a man of leisure these days...

michaelknight said:
If you need a hand with burnin' or anyfing bud, I'm a man of leisure these days...

So what you're saying is, if Allen needs a hand you'll be there by his side? Man of leisure?

Oh don't mind me - it's late and I just felt like a wee spot of mindless letching before supper. :)

This Friday.

Cheaper if you go to the Gallery Gig with the Holy Ghost Fathers beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back