Ballroom of Romance # 15 Friday, 25th April 2003 (3 Viewers)

steerage, i've never heard of, but i've heard good things, halfset i've never heard of, mearsk (the shipping company?) i've never heard of and mr creosote i've never heard of.

will this bring a crowd?
it'll be the first one i'll have been to in a while.

I'm going to stick the songs from the CD-R onto an eircom site I have.... so you can all download them and get an idea of what they're like...

I don't expect a big crowd at this. I'd really like there to be as I genuinely think that there's some cracking bands for this line-up. Listening to Steerage right now and they're just deadly.

knackergannon, with your hype you are really spoiling us...

if yiz want to get some idea what steerage currently sound like check out the tunes at http://www.steerage.net and http://www.anhermeticcollective.com. AHC was a side project thingy we did towards the end of the original incarnation of steerage and it sorta became the basis for the instrumental stuff we're currently doing.

DontMugYourself - "I thought the thing with the ballroom was to have one big/well known act and 3 lesser known acts."

The original headline act had to pull out...

As I said earlier these 4 acts are great, and the whole point of the BOR is to see great music that you'd never otherwise get a change to see and to get boozed & shhmoked up to the point that counting money is very stressfull and messy :D

Should say that the line-up for Ballroom # 16 (on Friday the 9th May) will be:

Deputy Fuzz
DRAT
Robert Blake
Keith Moss

So there ye go... I think that'll be a laugh

And 20th June is so far looking like:

Tracer AMC
Wormholes
Puget Sound

I should flag this as well... for the past two Ballrooms, our sound system is much, much better than previous. It's still not panoramic, but it's certainly a lot better.

Tracer AMC + Wormholes = oh yes!
will prolly give the may 9th one a miss - resting my ears for the mogwai onslaught the next night.

Originally posted by potlatch
Ain't Jeff Martin mastering the CD? That's a reason to go in itself! Em, yeah. Halfset = Jeff Martin somethingorother innit?

Well its not being fully mastered as such. Just pulling up the levels across the board on the tracks so that there is some consistency. Stephen is looking after that end of things for Billy.

Halfset aint just me. We are a 3 piece (Stephen Shannon, myself & Biggley). We play warm electronic stuff mixed with lots of organic instruments, guitars, melodica, banjo, glockenspiel and lots of synths/keys.

Originally posted by JeffM
Well its not being fully mastered as such. Just pulling up the levels across the board on the tracks so that there is some consistency. Stephen is looking after that end of things for Billy.

Halfset aint just me. We are a 3 piece (Stephen Shannon, myself & Biggley). We play warm electronic stuff mixed with lots of organic instruments, guitars, melodica, banjo, glockenspiel and lots of synths/keys.

very interested to hear this.

Originally posted by herv
dude, we haven't done anything yet! :)

here, though, i'll bring over some melodies and things i can give to you tomorrow.

sweet!
i mean shhhhhhh! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back