Ballroom Birthday Bash (Sun Aug 3rd) (3 Viewers)

..and apologies to Formika and Mr. Barbaby over this bullshit, and to Herv over getting cut short :( The whole thing left a sour taste in the mouth after what was overall a great night...

Thankfully I beat the crap out of the bar manager afterwards. We were arguing over coke and who'd get first go on the busty leisure girl in Angel's.

This may not have happened.

Yeah, that was a shame, although I was very drunk at that stage. Great night overall, the Electronic stuff was really really good. I espacially liked the background visuals.

uncle_meat said:
Yeah, that was a shame, although I was very drunk at that stage. Great night overall, the Electronic stuff was really really good. I espacially liked the background visuals.
yeah the visuals rawked indeed.

and when Steerage took the stage, 'SETTLER' appeared in giant red wobbly letters behind yis. Now come on, that was a setup, wasn't it? Got to be.

lmd64 said:
yeah the visuals rawked indeed.

and when Steerage took the stage, 'SETTLER' appeared in giant red wobbly letters behind yis. Now come on, that was a setup, wasn't it? Got to be.

if both bands were called settlage none of this would have happened

uncle_meat said:
It was probably cos' I gave phil loads of shit about it and that was his 'revenge'.

i gave him shit for that too, so did loads of people...and now its immortalised on the cd...a ha ha

What happened with Papercop was the sound engineer started getting worried about blowing up his new speaker system!

I think it was when PC were into their 3rd piece and Gav let loose on his effects and a high pitched whine caught the sound engineer off guard. Aodh was telling the sound guy that he should be able to equalise everything from the desk but the Manager on the night got involved and started going nuts about breaking his PA.

Sorry about this guys but as Alo said we'll be onto them during the week....

enchance said:
blatantly ripped off

That's a little harsh. If it sounds like something else, then you will just have to take our word for it that it is a coincidence.
I guess you could take almost any song by any band and find another song that is similar in some way. We weren't "inspired" by any other song when writing and arranging it. Actually we only played that song together in practice once before we went in to record it. We threw loads of stuff at it and Mr. Andrew Lyster did a great production job on it and it came back a lot different than we thought it would.
Hope this answers your query about our "inspiration".

I am enraged at one thing though.

No band played the Irish National Anthem.

"It's a fucking disgrace" as Bernard Manning would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back