Ballroom Birthday Bash (Sun Aug 3rd) (1 Viewer)

egg_ said:
Congratu-fucking-lations on a top notch night out!
.|..|
And on a top notch CD

Happy Birthday to the The Ballroom of Romance from your little sister, The Hoot Night!

It was an AMAZING night! The performances were fierce! Everyone was wonderful!

Congratulations...and a massive THANKS to The HGF's & Billy for this labor of love that has given our community SOOOOO much! What a wonderful year its been. Roll on with the terrible twos!!!!

Oh! The CD!!! First off, Edel's liner notes are exquisite and I think a copy of the CD should be sent to every venue owner in Dublin. I'd actually like to make a motion that the CD be produced in a lot of 500 - 1000 and we give it a national release.The songs are great, its a really good listen.

I'm touched BEYOND the great beyond that you included me...and the last word even...WOWSIE! I was in fits this morning listening to it... thank you.

Big Chicago kisses,

Thomas

!baggyyyy

ps. How's about that new Settler song, eh? Pretty fucking schweet!

Twas a Great Night allround. I enjoyed the Holy Ghost Fathers alot, cos it was the first time I saw them. Most energetic performance for sure. Drat were pretty damn good too. I was hopin that Settlers 2nd last song of the night was on the CD (Cos it fuckin Rocked) but it ain't. Steerage were rockin pretty good too (especially the last song), got a great reception. The Boxes song on the CD is rapid tho innit? Yeah Sugar Club is a great venue. They didn't pretend the Beer taps were broken. How was the sound onstage? It can be shit sometimes.

Mad, Mad night. Ta to everyone who came, and those who played. We had approx 260 people in excluding the bands!

Managed to twist my ankle yesterday morning when I finally got up and stumbled down stairs. Ow !ninjaaaa !

What a happy party. Had a great time.
Big congradulations to the boyz.
Still tired.

I also think it woul dbe good if a few more copies of the CD were put in Road records and elsewhere. It's a nice product.

jaysus that was serious craic

left me guitar in the village later on that night, got it back the next day (phew). Barman slaggin me off 'how the fuck did you forget a guitar like?!?' - Vodka my friend, vodka.

hop said:
jaysus that was serious craic

left me guitar in the village later on that night, got it back the next day (phew). Barman slaggin me off 'how the fuck did you forget a guitar like?!?' - Vodka my friend, vodka.

:eek: Nightmare. I imagine when the moment of realisation occurred it was the most stomach-dropping-like-a-stone moment ever. *shudder* Lucky you got it back. .|..|

hey settler people, d'ye know the last song ye played?, apparently it's not a cover but it sounds like it was blatantly ripped off from somewhere. I don't really mind that bit, but could yiz tell me what song it was *inspired* from?

Did anybody else notice that?

high-5's for billyg and the holy ghost fathers for a great night. :)

it's a shame more people weren't there early to see stoat and mumblin' deaf ro' 'cos they were on the ball, boxes rocked, papercop were starting to rock but got stopped for some reason, last sound, herv and formika played some excellent electronica. i reckon the new ceiling speakers made a huge difference to the sound on and off stage.

Psychotic no 2 said:
:eek: Nightmare. I imagine when the moment of realisation occurred it was the most stomach-dropping-like-a-stone moment ever. *shudder* Lucky you got it back. .|..|

yeah - half way down the road after getting kicked out of the place, i turn around to juno 'duuuuhhhh, didn't i have a guitar with me?'

muppet :rolleyes:

conor said:
papercop were starting to rock but got stopped for some reason.

how comes does anyone know? I noticed this through a haze of alex higginses

hop said:
how comes does anyone know? I noticed this through a haze of alex higginses

something to do with too much high end and some complaints of noise - dunno if the soundman was getting pissed 'cos there was something on stage he wanted lowered or if someone outside complained. soundman then proceeded to take the mics off the drums before the formika set with burgerbarbaby drumming. nice one !bog

conor said:
something to do with too much high end and some complaints of noise - dunno if the soundman was getting pissed 'cos there was something on stage he wanted lowered or if someone outside complained. soundman then proceeded to take the mics off the drums before the formika set with burgerbarbaby drumming. nice one !bog
they didn't sound that loud from outside.

conor said:

There was alot of twoing and frowing over this. :( :mad: . Basically we got our wires crossed with the promoter. He told the engineer that we just had straight electronica from 12.30 onwards and that the engineer could leave at that time. .We cleared things up on the day with the engineer and and agreed Aodh (HGF) was going to take over the desk and leave yer man to go home.

However the Bar Manager and Engineer decided it wasn't 'safe' to leave the desk in our control and so the engineer decided to stay until the end. The engineer told PC to turn down. I didn't hear what he said so maybe Gav can clarify?

Once the electronica segment started (2am?) he demanded that we put Bryan on drums immediately as he insisted he was about to remove the mics from the kit. At this stage The Last Sound had already started, so it would have been ridiculous to stop Barry and put Formika on. The engineer then proceeded to take apart the drum rig. :mad: ignoring any protests from us.

We should be talking to the Sugar Club this week so await with interest what they have to say about it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back