Bali 9 and extradition (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
so i think this topic is pretty interesting. now i havent been following it much at all but i was watching abc asia pacific (pretty good aussie news channel) and they did this segment on the bali nine.
there was something scrolling at the bottom saying they had been sentenced to death, however in retrospect i think i may have mis-read what it said (because i couldnt find a headline that said so the next day)
either way, the aussie government are now going to try and negotiate with the indonesian government to extradite them.
the aussies are claiming that their AFP were the ones who uncovered the plan to bring drugs into australia where the crime would have been carried out and therefore committed, on aussie soil.
given the recent van tuong nguyen case, it's a sensitive subject. does australia stepping in undermine the well-known laws and punishments for a country? or should they step in and get them back to Oz?
i'd be inclined to veer towards the latter, mainly because reading about all these executions is becoming increasingly more grim.

pretty much. they dont operate in the same way as thailand in which you might have the chance to get out after 30 years or something. i've tried looking it up, but i am fairly sure they'll be in those cells til they die. such a grim prospect...

anyway the aussies are fuckin stupid to have a big wobbler over this and deman clemency - when the aussie feds were the ones who delivered them into indonesian hands anyway by tipping them off!
john howard is a wankstain.

found on wikipedia: Indonesian prisoners serving life sentences who have already served five years and are of good behaviour can apply for a temporary sentence of not less than 15 years [34] (Article Nine of Indonesian Presidential Decree No. 174 of 1999).

-not sure if this applies to 'indonesian' prisoners, or 'prisoners in indonesia' though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back