Bad presents (4 Viewers)

Franco

Nob Nation cd

Handmade paper stationary

Vouchers - cop out. (unless it's a cool voucher for a tattoo or something.)

books can be troublesome if the person giving it wants to know what you thought about it and you havent read it. my brother gave me a huge volume of the complete essays of Montaigne the 16th century essayist, its 900+ pages long and large and heavy. I would like to read it, it seems interesting but i havent read a word of it since he gave it to me either last christmas or the christmas before.

actually.. haha I remember doing christmas shopping with a good friend of mine once. he has four brothers; what he used to do every year was go straight into penneys or wherever, and literally scoop five lynx shower packs (four for the brothers and one for the da) off the shelf and he was basically done. the funny thing is his brothers all did exactly the same so they just ended up passing their identical presents around to each other on christmas morning. pretty pointless. so pointless in fact that not even the thought counts, as not much thought really went into the process. genius!

Every year my brother gets all seven of his siblings a newbridge silver christmas decoration (it's a different one each year, but we all get the same one in any given year). Our tree is about 4'10'' and is creaking under the weight of them after only four or five years of this strategy.

Every year my brother gets all seven of his siblings a newbridge silver christmas decoration (it's a different one each year, but we all get the same one in any given year). Our tree is about 4'10'' and is creaking under the weight of them after only four or five years of this strategy.
you need to take him quietly aside and stick them all up his arse.

Make up, make up brushes, overly perfumed and chemical laden bath crap.

Every year for 5 years the sisters of one of my exes gave me a selection of the above rubbish. They never saw me wear make up. I refused to take the hint.

The giving of knicnacks and ornaments should be prohibited.

silver legs. i fucking hate getting them.

HSuiT1qwKhe725cwBZWisBico1_500.jpg

My friend got given a foot spa last year. It still had the receipt in the bag which was good. Unfortunately the thing had been bought 4 years earlier.
It was clearly something that had been passed around for years.
He gave it to me, I gave it to my mam. It has never been taken out of the box.

Bath and shower gel sets that smell like cat piss, bought in a 3 for 2 special at Boots. Mostly because I associate them with many Christmases spent as the 'guest' of a family. They are always bought with the kindest and best of intentions, and it was always nice that they'd think of me, but they eventually became reminders of the fact that I was spending yet another Christmas with well-intentioned strangers.

Tony's niece and nephew got us presents: I got a fleecey bathrobe, which is a perfect gift for someone who is unemployed. Now I have a bathrobe for when the other bathrobe is in the wash. Result!

An ex bought me Harry Potter stationary set with matching diary, and a "what not to wear" book. really made my weeks of looking for the perfect present for him worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back