Babies and planes... (1 Viewer)

flew with my nephew a while back. it's a wise decision to keep heavy metal toys (note to self: design Dio doll) such as toy metal trains/cars/etc. away from them when they're throwing a boredom-induced hissy fit...many people in close quarters for a dangerous heavy toy to do some damage to. luckily the 2 pound train engine projectile landed in an empty seat when he tossed it over his head at high velocity.

Did you make him go outside and sit on the bold wing?

What's the story with those pet transporter box things they put into the baggage hold? You'd fit a kid into one of them no problem.

Mom says she, toddler kicked off plane Thu Jul 12, 2:15 PM ET

ATLANTA - A woman said she and her toddler son were kicked off a plane after she refused a flight attendant's request to medicate her son to get him to quiet down and stop saying "Bye bye, plane."

ADVERTISEMENT

Kate Penland, of suburban Atlanta, said she and her 19-month-old son, Garren, were flying from Atlanta to Oklahoma last month on a Continental Express flight that made a stop in Houston.

As the plane was taxiing in Houston en route to Oklahoma, "he started saying 'Bye, bye plane,' Penland told WSB-TV in Atlanta. The flight attendant objected, she said.

"At the end of her speech, she leaned over the gentleman beside me and said, 'It's not funny anymore. You need to shut your baby up,'" Penland told WSB-TV in Atlanta.

When Penland asked the woman if she was joking, she said the stewardess replied, "You know, it's called baby Benadryl."

"And I said, 'Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight,'" Penland told the TV station.

Penland said other passengers began speaking up on her behalf, and the flight attendant announced they were turning around and that Penland and Garren were going to be taken off the plane.

Penland and her son were let off the plane and did not complete the trip to Oklahoma, said Kristy Nicholas, spokeswoman for Express Jet Airlines, which flies as Continental Express on behalf of Continental Airlines.

Attempts by the Associated Press to reach Penland under a telephone listing that matched her last name were unsuccessful.

"I was crying, I was upset and I was thinking, 'What am I going to do? I don't have anything with me, I don't have any more diapers for the baby, no juice, no milk," Penland told WSB.

Nicholas said, "We received Ms. Penland's letter expressing her concerns and intend to investigate its contents."

There are a few issues with that. Nobody should ever suggest medicating a baby... but... GARREN?... no bottle, diapers etc.? Raises questions about the sanity of the mother.

There are a few issues with that. Nobody should ever suggest medicating a baby... but... GARREN?... no bottle, diapers etc.? Raises questions about the sanity of the mother.
Houston is probably pretty close to Oklahoma, she probably had someone meeting her there.
"bye bye plane" - the child could have been doing a whole lot worse

Houston is probably pretty close to Oklahoma, she probably had someone meeting her there.
"bye bye plane" - the child could have been doing a whole lot worse

That may be so, but would you take a 19 month old child anywhere without a change of clothes, clean nappies and something to feed it/entertain it?

The hostess was way out of line though.

If some kid on a plane is shouting "bye bye plane" over and over and over and the parent's not shutting them up then I'd want them thrown off too.

I wanted to hang out with the Leinster rugby squad. They were dreamy. And beefy.
In a wierd unrelated rugby story when they were presenting the heineken cup to the crowd after a match last year they made all of the players leaving at the end of the season sing a song. Mike Mullins chose to sing Creep. Theres a youtube somew
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
-it's the strangest thing ever.

Anyway.

Carry on.

In fairness, she should probably have just used the blanket... what harm would it have done?
anyone offended by the sight of a woman breastfeeding on a plane should be kicked off for being a complete fucking idiot. cover up with a blanket? what the hell is this world coming to?!?!?!

In all fairness she was at the back of the plane on an inside seat.

Some of the air stewardesses - especialy on the internal flights - are very tightly wound as well.

Aren't the toilets also at the back of the plane? If it was me I'd probably prefer to use a blanket than risk being perved at by some drunken air traveller on his way to the toilets.

anyone offended by the sight of a woman breastfeeding on a plane should be kicked off for being a complete fucking idiot. cover up with a blanket? what the hell is this world coming to?!?!?!
Both of those stories horrify me.
Girls, under Irish law, nobody is allowed to say shit to you about breastfeeding in public - discreet or indiscreet it makes no difference, you're entitled to do it wherever and whenever you like, and if the owner/manager of a premises tries to prevent you you can sue them. Just in case if ever happens to you

I haven't felt anything from mangers etc... but, I have been given horrible dirty looks from older women across from me in cafes and that. one old wench even made a big fuss about moving tables away from me as i resumed feeding Sionnach. Mrs Egg is dead right.

Boob 4eva

Well, maybe just for another half a year.

jesus wept. No wonder Ireland has the lowest breastfeeding rate in Europe. Any man who pervs at a woman breast feeding has serious mental issues. Ole wans are the worst though - "sure would you not put your baby on the bottle; she's hungry" - fuck off and mind your own business you ignorant bint.

Anyway, we're going on hols to the sun (the sun!!!) in a few weeks and my 2 year old hasn't flown before so bit nervous about that. The flight's at 5.30am too so she'll be a mentalist. Are you allowed bring bottles with liquid through customs these days or what's the deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back