Babies and planes... (1 Viewer)

If some kid on a plane is shouting "bye bye plane" over and over and over and the parent's not shutting them up then I'd want them thrown off too.
if some adult on a plane is being loud and obnoxous then they shold be treated the same way....
IF you were there then you might know the real story?????!!!!!!!

Anyway, we're going on hols to the sun (the sun!!!) in a few weeks and my 2 year old hasn't flown before so bit nervous about that. The flight's at 5.30am too so she'll be a mentalist. Are you allowed bring bottles with liquid through customs these days or what's the deal?

Yeah you can but you have to put the bottle (and anything else containing liquids etc) in a clear plastic bag and show it to security. They may then ask you to taste some of the contents of the bottle. Yum yum. Check it out with the airline first to make sure ...

anyone offended by the sight of a woman breastfeeding on a plane should be kicked off for being a complete fucking idiot. cover up with a blanket? what the hell is this world coming to?!?!?!

Too right Lord D. If I had a baby I'd have my knockers out in public every chance I could get. It's not often you get a good reason to do it.

Yeah you can but you have to put the bottle (and anything else containing liquids etc) in a clear plastic bag and show it to security. They may then ask you to taste some of the contents of the bottle. Yum yum. Check it out with the airline first to make sure ...

They should make women put their tits in clear plastic bags as well. And make someone taste what's in them, just in case. You can't be too careful these days when it comes to security in the air.

if some adult on a plane is being loud and obnoxous then they shold be treated the same way....

Damn straight!

IF you were there then you might know the real story?????!!!!!!!
Exactly! Like if she was "threatening" to the cabin crew, as they claimed was the reason for chucking them off....

According to another report, she just sat there asking the flight attendant "what do you want me to do? what do you want me to do?", which would probably explain the suggestion to "drug" the kid with Benadryl. According to the internets this is fairly common practice among american parents so I'm not quite sure why they all seem so shocked about it. I'm not suggesting it's a good idea - just that it seems to be a well known parental tactic.

Anyway, Penland & son went on national TV in the states to tell the story... and she couldn't / wouldn't control the kid then either.

NEW YORK -- The Gwinnett County mother kicked off an airplane with her 19-month old son tried to tell her side of the story Friday morning, but her son's crying drowned out part of the interview.

Garren Penland, 19-months old, got so unruly during his mom's chat with 'Good Morning America' anchor Diane Sawyer, co-anchor Chris Cuomo had to take the toddler off the set.While Kate Penland explained her child was well-behaved on the Continental Express flight, little Garren kicked, wiggled and squirmed out of his mother's arms.At one point he climbed up on a coffee table and rifled through Sawyer's scripts.When Sawyer handed him a model Space Shuttle to distract him, Garren rolled it off the table and onto the floor.Kate Penland said she and Garren were booted from the flight last month by a flight attendant who suggested she use benadryl to calm her son down.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13675836/detail.html

All i know is pilots don't normally decide to head back to the terminal after they've started taxiing to the runway just because some kid starts "saying" 'bye, bye plane' one too many times. To be honest, I wish they did - people might actually try to exercise some control over their brats once in a while.

To illustrate: I was on a flight to Milan a few weeks ago and the row in front of us was taken up by a couple with their 3 kids. The kids, whose ages ranged from 2 to 7 I'd say, were let run wild (or as wild as you can be in and around an airplane seat) and the parents did precisely fuck all to stop them. Jumping on the seats, throwing stuff, shouting, crying, kicking. The parent's reaction? Nothing.

Friends of ours who had been sitting 4 rows behind us (with their 10 month old son) were talking to us in amazement about it while we waited for our bags - meanwhile, the three kids in question were playing with the suitcases going round the baggage carousel as the parents watched.... Fingers? Sure who needs 10!!?? Some people are just idiots.

To illustrate another point - I was on a flight to Spain a few weeks back and there was a group of Male adults in the two rows ahead of me, they spent most of the flight shouting, singing and refering to Celtic as the master football team. Their 'parents' weren't there to 'keep hem in tow' but they were a lot more unruly than my three kids who were on the flight too.

Wen we went to collect our baggage these same blokes were running around trying to cop a feel of women.

Now they're idiots and not a child in sght

They have these deadly new things caled headphones. They enable you to listen to things other than the real world. You can even use them while using things like, psp's and mp3 players.

Better yet, they have more ancient devices called earplugs. They enable you to shut the real world out completely.

Deadly stuff.

Medicating babies is wrong.

To illustrate another point - I was on a flight to Spain a few weeks back and there was a group of Male adults in the two rows ahead of me, they spent most of the flight shouting, singing and refering to Celtic as the master football team. Their 'parents' weren't there to 'keep hem in tow' but they were a lot more unruly than my three kids who were on the flight too.

Wen we went to collect our baggage these same blokes were running around trying to cop a feel of women.

Now they're idiots and not a child in sght

I've seen identical shit like that on other flights.
You see lots of posts on the internet about idiotic Celtic fans.

All the 'sensible' ones can do in justification is bleat about the UEFA fans award a few years back. Oh yeah, then they'll say that the messers 'aren't real Celtic fans'. As if it's that simple.

Sorting out our first holiday overseas (the lovely Brighton) and am wondering what to expect for the cub (who'll be nine months at the time of the trip). We're flying with Ryan Air. What's the story with kiddeens and planes. Do we get to skip the queue? Might there be a spare seat left beside us for her to sit on or will she be in our lap for the whole trip?

Do babies get freaked out by the ear popping thing?
Do we charged extra for bringing the pushchair as luggage?
TO get back to the original question

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/Summer/flying2.asp
has the answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back