B of blinkin I (2 Viewers)

ALWAYS had problems banking with BOI, shower of cunts...
Same goes for Ulster Bank...
I'm AIB att the way now, apart from there rediculious quartly fee's never had a problem...

Sorry to hear 'bout peoples wages though, that sucks 'parently it effected the whole country... jaysus

gaaaahh bank of jaysus ireland bastards bastards bastards

i used to work for them (as a porter) and got paid more than the people dealing with cash. imagine, the guy who opens the door in the morning and closes it in the evening (it was practically that simple) gets paid more than the people handling your money

i think the wages thing is all sorted now though right? right??

I popped into the bank just after lunch to deposit €110 in bagged change - the woman behind the counter was about this much | | away from refusing to serve me. She even tried to get me to go to "Commercial Cash" but i was having none of it.

Oh, if looks could kill...

i was changing a load of old Irish coinage just before the deadline there a while ago and I queued for ages to get service. then once I'd gotten to the counter the ould wagon said 'no, you want that counter over there' pointing to another massive queue.

they didn't even have a sign up to say there was a special counter for such things.

I won in the end though cos the wan who finally changed the coins did the calulation twice for some reason and i got an extra 25 euro out of it, haw haw

Paid now, aye.

On the subject of idiot bank tellers, I'd just like to point out that the red haired woman who works in my local bank of Ireland came from Satan's arse directly, with the intention of ruining as many days as possible with another product of the Lord of Darknesses rectum, red fucking tape.

Too many stories of this fuckdog from hell to recount. Tired. Need lie down.

In banks regarding queues. There is always at least as many empty windows as there is ones with idiots working at them. (why do they build them when they have no intention of using them). Plus most people wait till they get to the window to fill out their little bit of paper.

The other day I was in a bank and queued for about 40 mins. When i got up to the window all I could see was old poeple and pricks filing in their stupid forms. YOU WERE STANDING AROUND FOR 40MINUTES, DOING NOTHING!
It's the same at ATMs, you quese for ages brhind pricks who seem to take about a day at the machine. And I get there and take SECONDS!

You can not exist in this country without a bank account. Cant get a job, cant get paid, cant get a flat (sorry, apartment, american pricks), cant get a phone, can't get electricity. THAT IS WRONG.

If you're in town and you don't want to queue for an ATM... the best one to go to is the National Irish Bank ATM across the road from O'Neills of Suffolk Street. Granted, it seems to be out of cash more often than other ones (but not that often), but there are never any queues and you can get tenners. And it's dead central. Serious... NIB ATM on Suffolk Street. It's yer only man.... or ATM.

Originally posted by Ian
What about the people who only go to their own banks ATM's ejits...

I can only use my BOI Pass card in proper Pass machines - something to do with the type of account i have and inter-bank fees. Sucks.

Originally posted by pete
I can only use my BOI Pass card in proper Pass machines - something to do with the type of account i have and inter-bank fees. Sucks.

That...makes no sense.
I have never heard of that before.

As far as I am aware there is no inter-bank fee in the Republic of Ireland for using another Bank's ATM

I know if you have a current account that doesn't maintain a certain minimum balance [could be €500 with AIB/BOI, is €0.00 with UB] during the quarter then you get hit for fees on every lodgment, ATM withdrawal, cheque written, laser etc you make during the quarter but that applies no matter where you take out your money.

Originally posted by Anthony
You can not exist in this country without a bank account. Cant get a job, cant get paid, cant get a flat (sorry, apartment, american pricks), cant get a phone, can't get electricity. THAT IS WRONG.

yes that is true.
and if you keep your money in a credit union or a building society you are ultimately keeping your money in one of the 5 banks as the credit unions/building societies all maintain their accounts with the Banks.

Originally posted by Anthony
In banks regarding queues. There is always at least as many empty windows as there is ones with idiots working at them. (why do they build them when they have no intention of using them). Plus most people wait till they get to the window to fill out their little bit of paper.

The other day I was in a bank and queued for about 40 mins. When i got up to the window all I could see was old poeple and pricks filing in their stupid forms. YOU WERE STANDING AROUND FOR 40MINUTES, DOING NOTHING!
It's the same at ATMs, you quese for ages brhind pricks who seem to take about a day at the machine. And I get there and take SECONDS!

pricks I agree.
When I worked on the cash desk I would insist that people had their dockets completed before they came to me - otherwise they had rejoin the queue. . It is not fair on everybody else and just holds people up.

The most annoying thing was people not knowing their account number [and thinking they were cool because they didn't know it]. Just another thing that delays people while someone has to look it up.

Those counter windows would be manned if the Banks would employ more staff. Instead they try and keep costs as low as possible by employing the bare minimum amount of people necessary to run the office. That policy comes from the top, the Chief Executives and the like and has the unfortunate effect of hurting the ordinary workers.

the boi atm was out of order today when i was in ardee so i had to go into the bank itself

luckily there was no queue so i went straight to the one opened window

anyway one day, i was in teh bank ofd ireland building in ardee and then when going through my pockets at the window, i come across the thing they send out in the post with the atm code, cashier says (gives out to be precise :D that i shouldn't have the pin code and my card together so i calmly explain to her that if anyone could now get money out of my account using that pin code in my pocket, they are truly great people that would deserve the full amount of my bank balance

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back