Awards for 2006 (1 Viewer)

best thing about 2006 that i was to stupid to check out before saturday:
seomra spraoi.-my old cynisism and laziness held me back to my shame, well done for being so cool!

biggest absense:
murder city/red ink

things to look forward to:
willie and natalias new buisness ventures, irish crew hitting the roadburn fest, dunchee being a lead singer, oly and larger being home for a while,

best gigs:
loads, and im sure im forgetting some. barroness/torche/slomatics(and us!!ha) in belfast, melvins, army of flying robots etc, monarch and all the bands we played with on tour, gas mask terror, high on fire, motorhead,

best irish bands:
mongolia, slomatics, woth, exploded face, meat ********, disfunkional, mo-t, freebooters,

best parties and dances:
seomra spraoi cristmas party, post gig disco with torche, mackle and aonghus, halloween with dress up, leitrum in the new gaf,

best new whinger:
andy on tour! (you now hold the whinging license!!;) )

Best eirecore posts:
all the thoughts and ideas on the 'story with gigs/scene' stickies.
and anything by janer:)

Biggest dissapoinment:
Figuring out 'what i want to do with my life' and then realising that its horse crap. dont ever think A) studying in the botanic gardens is a good idea B) playing music and drawing pictures isnt somthing you do as a profession, even if it doesnt pay.

best dublin consistently good:
damos gigs, porco dio, umack,

best venue:
lower deck- hey its accross the road from my house!!

i'll think of more later!

Best post on eirecore / thumped:

Whatever happened to ? award - Irish punk bands playing fast, irish hardcore etc
Controversial, no offence but i just dont get it meself award -
Punk bands not playing punk, people who are still physically able to play fast but wasting their time experimenting with other shite.

wasnt a bad year! but i missed loads of gigs/sessions.
and 2007 already looks good.

highlight of the year! me dog.
best gigs.subhumans voodoo,gasmaskterror,pack(the audience),freebooters cable street gig.holy fucking shit/face up to it at the last gig in richardsons
and the finish in the cobblestone.
best irish release .only fumes etc..demo.
best irish bands freebooters,only fumes and ... tunguska,mongolia.terrordactl.
best non irish gig/band the bold and the beautiful(in poland) and the GGI.
hardworkers etc.porco,gz and all the usual people around the country same as last year .
Best post on eirecore / thumped:
Controversial, no offence but i just dont get it meself award -
Punk bands not playing punk, people who are still physically able to play fast but wasting their time experimenting with other shite.[/quote]

i just dont get it meself award
Barntown Water Tastes Like Blood.

the got of their arse and of the island award. i cant spell it so karens band.

good new things. seomra spraoi, polish and other punks.

wishes for 2007 more punks in the punk scene. more soul and rock on my computer.
i asked last year but again more fast bands. more distros labels bands.

looking forward to skubol and eds new band and all the new punk bands septic pussy etc.
and cant wait to return to driving from kk to newross for gigs and a session.

and person of the year award goes to.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hmm i havent really been around in ireland this year but here is mine:
Best band (irish) : Probably that band Eric/eoin/donal has but I only heard a tape,Easpa measa,Freebooters (would love to see em).
best band (international) : Assassinators , also Annihalation Time.
Album of the year : NDT lp
7" of the year : Assassinators 7" , or Hjertestop 7"
best show : Ktown festival / Punk rock attack last week.
Most inspiring thing: People coming from all over the world to defend Ungdomshuset. Absolute heroes.
Letdown of the year: Mob47 reunion (probably should have guess hehe)
Morons of the year : Right wing christian assholes trying to take our house. People in the punk scene who act like theyre soooo over punk.
Loss of the year : Cormy moving back to Ireland. Come back!
Drink of the year : white russians
Best post of the year on this thing : That one about people actually playing punk.
legend of the year : that lad on the pat kenny show , holy fuck! I wish it was me.

Good things coming in 2007 :
Warcry Euro tour ,Framtid Euro Tour , Fy Fan in the USA , Fy Fan 7" on Feral ward , more drinking etc etc ...

Crap things in 2007 :
The fight around the eviction of ungdomshuset and the countless prison sentences and casualties that will no doubt result from it!

best gigs: mongolia (various), freebooters at GGI, domhnach dubh in the cobblestones (finnish band were great too but they could've done with shaving an hour or two off the set), bomberegn stadium crust at ktown, singing pub at the willie clancy

best quote overheard in a supermarket (tesco, norwich): "no you can't have those sweets darling, this is mummy's alcohol money"

best transformation into luke kelly: john mccarthy

best gigs i missed: neurosis in london, melvins on saturday :(

best new housemate: the girl who wants to be a cop, the upper-class twit who listens to the dropkick murphys, or the one who moved out without telling anyone thus putting the rent up by 62 stg for each of the rest of us...i can't decide

best time to end this post: now

best gigs: ted nugent / roxy music (both in vicar street)

hopes for 2007: toxic john hooking up a max splodge bingo night in the vodoo

hopes for 2007: zounds playing a gig where they mean it instead of going through the motions like wooden bitter old twats hired to stand in for the original band members.

Best Irish band: Tunguska

Best gig: Baroness/torche/revolution of a sun in Freds.

Biggest dissapointment: kylesa, from everything i heard i thought they'd be way better.

Most entertaining: Exploded face.

Workhorses: Only fumes and corpses.

worst performance: przeciw. generic no imagination punk with no defining feature whatsoever. (sorry dan)

Coat off their back/ sound people: Leo, Damo, Joe slomatic.

Didn't think i'd like it but did: Sunno))).

funniest moment: Kenn running top speed into a wall, claiming afterwards he was trying to do a backflip... long story.

wishes for 2007: touring and recording............:confused:

worst performance: przeciw. generic no imagination punk with no defining feature whatsoever. (sorry dan)
WTF??? THEY WERE BRILLIANT IN BOHS!!!!!! GREAT GREAT SHOW

Maybe you didn't know their stuff? I knew 1/2 their stuff from listening to stuff I d/l from their webby or maybe you just don't like Punk and like most people lately just moving to other music tastes.

best irish punk band - the freebooters, the excuses

best irish non punk band - slomatics, de nov, kidd blunt

best new band - terrordactyl

worst live set - babydave in the ice bar

best live set - babydave in the ice bar, de nov at doom 101, the freebooters at leechrum.

best release - the freebooters demo, kidd blunt album.

whatever happened to? award - bohs punks

best haircut - damo's tesco value cut :D

best buzz - football at trashfest, mongolia/domhnach dubh tour, playing against the odds at leechrum at 5 am, while the sun came up.

controversial, no offence but i just dont get it meself award - janer's online popularity.

best post on eirecore/thumped: everybody who challenged the shite right-wing posts that have, as bohs punks says, been ever-increasing.

worst post on eirecore/ thumped: any of the many anti immigrant/women/traveller posts on an increasingly right wing forum.

biggest loss - red ink/murder city, people swallowed up by leitrum.

top workers - porco dio/jasper/Dan/leo

quote of the year - "there's a traffic jam on the mong 50", organised ideas at some party.

wishes for 2007 - seomra spraoi to go from strength to strength; playing even more music and different types of music than this year; punks getting over the punk label and just enjoying good music; a breakout of the music/political ghetto that most of us live in and creating new links with other scenes and other people 'cos divisions are just gonna drag us all down to the same shit; shell getting the fuck out of mayo.

best irish punk band - the freebooters, OFAC, kidd blunt, putrefaction

best irish non punk band - mongolia, slomatics

best new band - terrordactyl

worst live set - dunno really, im not super neg......:D

best live set - scio bong. kennedys.

best release - the freebooters demo, kidd blunt album, OFAC demo

whatever happened to? award - what the rest said about hardcore punk. its lacking

best buzz - gig in leitrim gaff

controversial, no offence but i just dont get it meself award - Jamie's post about kidd blunt/damo.

best post on eirecore/thumped:dunno

worst post on eirecore/ thumped: Jamie's post about kidd blunt/damo.

biggest loss - red ink/murder city

top workers - Porco Dio/GZ/Dan/Leo

best gigs:your new freind in bohs,scio bong in kennedys and propagandhi

worst gigs:all 3 meat bo utique(why is this word censored) performances

best "punk" bands:infinite shurikens,droppin bombs,freebooters

best non "punk" bands: we are knives, tunguska

best buzz:maby ghost mice/my birthday shenanigans in no.24 or possibly halloween fancy dress fancy craziness

mad props:jamie,una and leila for putting up with us as neighbours, porco dio and gz peeps for many quality nights of rock!all my good buds for helpin me through shitty times

best irish release:mo-t ep or freebooters

controversial, no offence but i just dont get it meself award:the whole mosh space pseodo-hardcore "scene"

biggest loss - red ink/murder city,my sanity

wishes for 07:to finally get this band with andy and gary started,and an end to stupid cliquey attitudes from da punx

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back