Awards for 2006 (3 Viewers)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
Probably had less to do with the punk scene this year than any year since 1984 so not even goign to atttempt awards for the likes of best album etc but sure will start the ball rolling

Best irish punk band - Runnin Riot

Best irish non punk band - Mongolia

Worst live set - Drunken Complan in Bohs

Best live set - Descent to hell at GGI, Rooskey at Leechrum, Coldwar in London

Whatever happened to ? award - The Basta collective

Best haircuts: The Derelicts

Best myspace - jills Granny / Chien

Groundhog day award - punks leaving the city for the country, punks becomign "serious" anarchists and dismissing large parts of their pasts

Controversial, no offence but i just dont get it meself award -
Kidd Blunt, Terrordactyl

Best post on eirecore / thumped: the strange guy on india in travel section

worst post on eirecore/ thumped: any of the many anti immigrant /women /traveller posts on an increasingly right wing forum.

They must have planned it at a band meeting award - Moutpiece baby boom

Top workers - Jasper / Dan in the west.

Wishes for 2007 - Punks back on the streets of Cork, Bohs back to being Champions, michael mcdowell not re-elected.

Add catogories etc

best irish band - easpa measa , tunguska
best live act - the freebooters
best myspace - fuck robert murdoch suporters
wishes 2007 - no more agressive hobits from poland on gigs
best haircut -definitely not mine

Best irish band(s) - DeNovissimis,Slomatics,WOTH,Toymonger
Best Irish Record - WOTH "The Sunken Threshold"
Best new irish band(s) - Exploded Face,Terrordactyl,We Are Knives
Criminally ignored Irish band award - Your New Friend
Best audience ever award - Army of Flying Robots,Dublin
Pleasant surprises of the year -Mike Watt on the Estel album,getting "Good" rep from people who think I'm a dick.
Neighbors of the year - the 24 gang/Houli & Karen
"Who Needs that Lynnot lad" award for best non Irish live band - Threads
"saviour of the scene" award - Leo/Cork folks
"Nice One lads" award for consistently putting on excellent gigs - U:Mack
"Bon Scott" memorial award for ligger of the year - Aonghus.Runner up: Andy McSharry
Prick of the year award -1)Polish mosher idiots 2)The Old Punk at AOFR gig in Galway who took records off them without paying."We Are The Punks" indeed.
Spinal Tap Award for daftness - joint winners: #1 -Tunguska printing the wrong lyrics on the sleeve of their record
#2 - Rob O'Donnel's "Black metal is for Nazi's speech" being followed by him going "I love this song" and turning up "Transylvanian Hunger" off Darkthrone's "nazi" album
"Fuck That" award for trends that need to die - folk/trad/acoustic "punk".Fuck right off. Moshspace bands likewise
"I Still don't Get It" award - the whole "Black Metal Crusties" thing.See "Spinal Tap Award" number 2
"Scarlett Pimpernel" award - Kollin.I keep missing him at gigs.
"Give someone else a go" award -
Kidd Blunt/Damo's bands.Too many gigs lads.Seriously.(That's you and me out of the scene so Connor.It's been fun.)
Best post on eirecore / thumped: Dunchee's "I'm not dying in the Ilac Center" speech in the "Dublin Zombie Attack" thread
Most irritating post on thumped that wasn't any of mine: anything by Snotrag.There's another poster I'd like to mention too, but I'm not paying him the attention
Most Missed (for me) - Reatards (never a big fan of their records,but consistently great live band) / Serpents
Most missed (for everyone else) -Puget Sound

Wishes for 2007 - more cowbell, less arselicking.people spending a bit less time worrying about hip European scenes and making a bit more effort here.

can't edit the last post,few more..

Most missed award part 2 - "Unfit for Consumption", Red Ink/Murder City,Willie & Natalia
Underappreciated Scenester award - Dan. Loads of gigs, loads of band, zero bullshit.
"Cabin Fever" award for comedy while on tour -
#1:Best Group Effort involving the comic use of human excrement - Burning The Prospect/Army of Flying Robots on the drive to Galway
#2:Best solo performance by a driver on the final night of a tour - Joe's "money on the table" offer, DenovMatics tour, Cork

the "Jack Black of Grindcore" award for heckling - Skippy

Best irish punk band - The Excuses

Best irish non punk band - Mongolia

Worst live set - all Punk is good Punk

Best live set - Subhumans in Coolera House/Sligo
The Excuses/Voodoo Lounge

Whatever happened to ? award - Punk in Dublin

Best haircuts: Nizmos Purple to Blue spikes

Best myspace - Nizmo's http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=839e8e53-5b40-446c-9e86-19c4b88a9c03

Groundhog day award - People joining but sounding the same in diff bands

Controversial, no offence but i just dont get it meself award - DeNovissimis and PV playing in The Village

Best post on eirecore / thumped: Anything by me ;]

worst post on eirecore/ thumped: anything by Jane the American feminist over at lifestyle, Pantone too is also a wuss

They must have planned it at a band meeting award - Moutpiece baby boom

Top workers - Jasper / Dan in the west / Lam in the capital

Wishes for 2007 - Punk makes a comeback instead of pretend Punk, Arsenal win the champions league, Ashley Cole dies on a flake

Best venue - Bohs if sound is good

Best new venue - Kennedys

Best culchie venue - Coolera House

Most down to earth "big punk star" - Dick from The Subhumans

Best new band : Septic Pussy

I too left out a few
Most embarrasing moment onstage at a gig : Deko stealing Dick Subbies space on stage
Funniest moment on stage : Byrneos pushing Deko off the same stage a few mins later :)

Best Irish bands- De Novissimis, Slomatics, Tunguska, We Are Knives
Best Irish release- De Novissmis/Tunguska split
Best Irish live band- Slomatics
Best New Irish bands- Terrodactyl, Adebisi Shank
Best gigs- Melvins, Baroness/Torche, Sunn o)))
Volume Award- Sunn o)))
Best multiple drumming award- Either Melvins and Boredoms
Best audience- Threads/Kakistocracy in Bohs
Biggest idiot at a gig award- Stupid Belfast punks at Nuclear Fallout Fest
Album of the year- Melvins- A Senile Animal, Kylesa- Time Will Fuse its Worth, Harvey Milk- Special Wishes
Dickhead live touring band- Haram, sort it out lads when people are being nice to you
Wishes for 2007- More tuning down, more playing slow, less crappy punk bands, getting my own band on the go, more human pyramids, less stupid punks, more fun dancing at gigs

Best Gigs: George Thorogood & the Destroyers, Torche, Gentlemans Pistols & Conquest of Steel (Leeds), Melvins and Motorhead

Best New Band: Terrordactyl

Funniest Thing of the Year: Punks coming to terms with the fact that they don't really like punk and getting into 70's rock and Black Metal.

Best Buzz: R'n'R Mofo, Doom101, Trashfest and going on tour (finally!!)

I listened to a song by them...went downhill after that.
Others are using me as a mouthpiece to say these things too, I think you Irish call it an agenda, I wanted to use the word conspiracy but wasn't sure how to spell it.

/Sky breaking news edit with Jeremy

(21:34:20) (@Janer-) isupalode
(21:34:25) (isupalode) ye
(21:34:28) (@Janer-) the Melvins are shit ya?
(21:34:33) (isupalode) ye
(21:34:36) (@Janer-) k ta
(21:34:40) (@Janer-) in ur face Mackle ;p

I listened to a song by them...went downhill after that.
Others are using me as a mouthpiece to say these things too, I think you Irish call it an agenda, I wanted to use the word conspiracy but wasn't sure how to spell it.

/Sky breaking news edit with Jeremy

(21:34:20) (@Janer-) isupalode
(21:34:25) (isupalode) ye
(21:34:28) (@Janer-) the Melvins are shit ya?
(21:34:33) (isupalode) ye
(21:34:36) (@Janer-) k ta
(21:34:40) (@Janer-) in ur face Mackle ;p

Everyone knows punks dont have good taste in music though

Best irish punk band - Droppin Bombs, The Dangerfields, Complan,

Best irish non punk band - The Ghostwood Project, Exploded Face

Worst live set - 20 Bulls Each at Cro-mags... sorry lads, i know the sound wasnt on yer side but ...

Best live set - Too many to narrow in down to one. Some highlights for me were Galway performances by Pack, Endstand, J'm'en Fous, Arnocorps,
Amanda Woodward, Face Up To It, Malignant Tumour... also Cormac Workout/Complan at Leechrum

Whatever happened to ? award - Irish punk bands playing fast, irish hardcore etc

Best haircuts: Damo, Bob

Controversial, no offence but i just dont get it meself award -
Punk bands not playing punk, people who are still physically able to play fast but wasting their time experimenting with other shite.

Best post on eirecore / thumped: Anything to do with ON/OFF etc

Top workers - Damo, Leo, Jasper, Lorraine (my girlfriend), Phil, Cormac, Mully, Porco Dio/GZ,

Wishes for 2007 - Punks back on the streets of Cork and Limerick. More fast bands, GGI in the countryside, more co-operation between the different punk/hc scenes and the metal scene.... maybe. Touring bands bringing backline.
Best international non DIY bands: Comback Kid
Best newish Irish bands: Tunguska, Barntown Water Tastes Like Blood,
Best drunk/wasted performance: Exploded Face at Leechrum,
Best Irish release: Kidd Blunt album, Captain Spaulding album, will think of more later.
Best new discovery: the advantages of cheap drugs.
People at a gig for all the wrong reasons: Sunn O))), Flipper... both in galway.
Thank you to: Everyone who helped out with the Przeciw/Only Fumes & Corpses tour, anyone who put up Only Fumes & Corpses and The Boy You Hit Is Dead over the year. Decent fast irish bands.... Complan, Tunguska, Bwtlb, Droppin' Bombs,

Edit: please stop fucking up these enjoyable threads with your stupid posts... look above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back