silo

i noticed that you can have your avatar image remotely hosted on some other server, and just specify a URL path for it. however, it doesn't specify what file types you can have as avatars.

is it just .gif and .jpg?

cos i was thinking, if you could have .swf, you could have a remotely hosted flash file as your avatar, which in turn could be linked to a database supplying the stuff in the file; so you could have a constantly updated scolling news ticker or random observations or a selection of different pictures or lots of other stuff as your avatar, and be able to tinker with it at will wherever... i suppose you could even do it from you phone if you did a nicely accessible database...

just thinking, really...

apologies in advance for clogging the board with nerd rubbish, but it seemed like a pointless-but-nice idea...

moved to admin as it's an admin sort of thing i guess

i shall investigate this further this evening

if'n i remember

You don't need flash for that (at least, not for the random selection one) . You can send image data from cgi or whatever the same as text. It's all just
bits.

I'd be very surprised if the flash version was supported, in fact. I'd imagine there's effectively just a *img src="bleh"* slot where bleh can be locally or remotely hosted. and that isn't going to fly with swf as it's embedded differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back