Autobiographies (1 Viewer)

'Beneath the underdog' Charles Mingus - a stormer

The two volumes of Billy Childish's auto are brilliant too, can't remember the titles.

Vaclav Nijinski's diaries are very compelling
As are Andrey Tarkovsky's ('Time within time')

Not autobiography but 'Divine invasions' - Philip K. Dick's biography is pretty cool.

the best autobiography ever, (with the help of paul kimmage) is Tony cascarinos "Full Time", now i know theres probably a good few of ye rollin yer eyes goin' "fuckin football" but ive given it to people who hate football and they thought it was amazing.

Pat spillanes is meant to be class as well must a get hold of it

roxy said:
I
Iano, did you ever remember coming across a bit in Woody Allen's prose (can't remember which book or which section) where he takes the piss completely out of what would seem to be that very same book? He has a mock diary thing going on which parodies it in the deadliest way.

Rings a bell...
must investigate

P. Littbarski said:
get yourself a copy of Martin Luther King's autobiography...the man was a legend.

Indeed it is.

I've read all 6 books of Maya Angelou's autobiography which are all deadly. She hung out with ML King, Malcolm X and Billie Holiday, all of whom I've read autobiographies by.

Stephen Fry's autobiography MOAB is my Washpot is a jolly good read.

Autobiographies are way better than biographies.

Moab is my Washpot by Stephen Fry is great. It tells the story of his young life up to the age of 18.

paul kimmage - rough ride. the highs and mostly lows of being an unsuccessful athlete. brilliantly written it is the first sports biography anyone should read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back