AU and Hired Hands upstairs in Whelan's tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Looking forward to this
Have only heard the AU stuff off their myspace but might pick up that album tonight

Really enjoyable gig. Some interesting stuff from Hired Hands and AU were brilliant, just wish I had fought my way to the front so I had a better view. From what little I could see they seemed to be having a lot of fun.

fuck, i need to learn how to fight my way to the front. Anyway, he was a beast, didn't expect that at all when he got his lime-green vest out.

fuck, i need to learn how to fight my way to the front. Anyway, he was a beast, didn't expect that at all when he got his lime-green vest out.

I wasn't at the front either, but I could see over and around some of the people in front of me. It was amazing though, and they say men can't multi-task, those guys were doing plenty of it.

Really enjoyable gig. Some interesting stuff from Hired Hands and AU were brilliant, just wish I had fought my way to the front so I had a better view. From what little I could see they seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Ditto. It would have made the gig much more enjoyable to actually see how some of those sounds were made. I should have stood on a chair like the blonde dude. Being short sucks. :(

He had this big command station alright, he used samples a lot, and he had a lap steel going through a ton of effects, and a big workstation synth. plus some little niblets like a melodica and glock and so forth. Wonder what the shows like with the 4/5 piece they tour in the US with

A good gig but not a great gig Bill.

I'm a fan of their recorded material, and I enjoyed the show, but I felt it didn't really do justice to the songs they have.

The sound was poor - levels all over the shop - vocals almost completely lost and certain parts of the percussion were getting lost too. There was an almighty hum of feedback at the bottom end which to me did not sound like it was supposed to be there.

There were places where just the two of them fell a little flat (despite the great drumming). An extra body on stage and better sound and it could have been so much better.

Maybe if I was unfamiliar with the recordings I might be less critical, but they set the bar pretty high.

They play a bigger venue in Cork next, where the sound system will be better too - I would certainly recommend people go along.

Well I though it sounded great from the front of the stage, bar the new song were vocals did get lost in the mix.
For me it was the best show so far this year and if it was friday I would make my way down to cork and get sucked into their whirlpool all over again.
Oh they're back in September too, sweet.

thought this was a pretty good show.
could only see their two faces and a bit of flailing arms but enjoyed it nonetheless.
well done Sugar_ref & co on a lovely support slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back