ATP (2 Viewers)

boigaz said:
Ah c'mon, people pay a LOT more for a lot less. Does that mean it's worth 30 quid? If you're a fan of Slint - for the show they're going to put on - any day. If you don't care for them then fuck it, it's not the cheapest I suppose.

I'm not a big Slint fan bar a couple of songs from "Spiderland" but was kind of curious about seeing them but 30 eurons is far too much. This will more than likely sell out I'd say though. I suppose their asking price for getting back together and performing necessitates this though. BTW , when you said that the gig was a joke price before, you meant it was the good joke, ja ?

coast to coast said:
was their opening song the one that goes:

"PEN, PEN, PEN! WHERE'S MY PEN?
PEN, PEN, PEN! WHERE'S MY PEN?
PEN, PEN, PEN! WHERE'S MY PEN?
MY PEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNN!"

Thats a great track.
no. they played that later in the set alright though. can't remember what they started with now. they were great though. the melvins were fucking amazing. probably best live show i've seen since the ex. matmos were great on saturday. as were slint. didn't see a whole lot else really apart from that. i'm still fucked after the weekend. arrived back to a bollockload of work too. the real world sucks.

here's what actually happened.

melvins was amazing. yow was amazing. last time i saw that was reading '93. played chrome.

bad wizard!!! amazing. mackey, you would have shat yourself.

slint? well they did a really good job of taking ten minutes break between each song, not keeping any momentum going at all and sounding exactly like their record. the weekend itself was painfully self-indulgent, the bands picked, the amount of bands picked, etc. now i loved slint, really loved them. but i came away from this thinking that all the stuff that people have said to them over the years about slint has had a pretty big psychological effect on them. it's totally gone to their heads and made them boring.

i don't doubt that deerhoof was good, i saw them last time. they're better live than on cd.

if it was over again, i really don't think i would have gone. the only thing that made it worth while was seeing yow with the melvins. slint need to smoke a bone or something.

Ciarán R said:
this weekend was great

highlights: every second of slint, deerhoof, mum, mogwai, melvins (lots of ms), need new body merch, and the Pots & pans party on Saturday night

lowlights: no go karting, slipping on go karting track whilst very drunk, coldness in general, having the flu now.

yea me got flu now too.wasn't too hot on mogwai's set though.i'm a big fan and am always trying to convince my friends they're good but i just got a verbal bashing from them after it.easily the worst i've ever seen them.

cyclotron said:
BTW , when you said that the gig was a joke price before, you meant it was the good joke, ja ?
The kind of joke that made me laugh with GLEE!!! :)

hermie said:
yea me got flu now too.wasn't too hot on mogwai's set though.i'm a big fan and am always trying to convince my friends they're good but i just got a verbal bashing from them after it.easily the worst i've ever seen them.
I enjoyed the set. and I've seen them FAR worse in the past..

hag said:
I think you got it exactly right Mr. Hag. I got so bored during the breaks that I had to sit down. Kinda didn't watch the last 20 mins or so. And I didn't even feel guilty about it.

Best - Melvins.
Close Runners Up - Need New Body.
Honorable Mention - Múm

mangler said:
I think you got it exactly right Mr. Hag. I got so bored during the breaks that I had to sit down. Kinda didn't watch the last 20 mins or so. And I didn't even feel guilty about it.

Best - Melvins.
Close Runners Up - Need New Body.
Honorable Mention - Múm
mum were, for the most part, unobjectionable in the background while i was talking with my buddy.

hag said:
mum were, for the most part, unobjectionable in the background while i was talking with my buddy.

sure ya could have stayed in dublin and talked to yr buddy while ignoring some band you had paid to see...

Are there any more activities in the site this time round rather than just watching bands ? The only one I've been to was Mogwai-curated some years back and there wasn't much to do except lash the booze into one...

cyclotron said:
Are there any more activities in the site this time round rather than just watching bands ? The only one I've been to was Mogwai-curated some years back and there wasn't much to do except lash the booze into one...

i successfully challenged a computerised chris tarrant for four quid, which i then lost to a computerised darth vader.

i thought slint were amazing when they played but the pauses between songs just got silly, BAD idea.
bad wizard playing twice, GOOD idea.
mum as the last band at a festival, BAD idea.
staremaster? snoremaster, boremaster etc., BAD idea.

i had a deadly time though and there were loads of other GOOD things but i'm too tired to write them.

Highlight was defo the Melvins.
It was about halfway through their set that the booze well and truely went to my head. When Yow came out, I wasn't even sure it was real. Had to ask the guy next to me if this was actually happening. Fucking surreal and unbelievable set.
I was talking to Pajo on Sunday night and he said that Scratch Acid are reforming (hurray). He also said that Slint would never record new material cause Glen doesn't want to play music anymore. Said he didn't like the lifestyle.
Other highlights included the Bath of Disgustingness! Sunday meanwhile was the worst day of music ever!

SadieOutlaw said:
i thought slint were amazing when they played but the pauses between songs just got silly, BAD idea.

Right on Sadie, especially Bad Wizard. They kicked my ass TTM. .|..|

b**** said it best, “I didn’t expect anyone to be overly thankful, but I certainly didn’t expect to be insulted.”

from dave pajo's blog, they're making a big fuss over what he means on the slint forum 8)

why, are people saying slint sold out?

spiderbland.jpg

:)

edited to add:

i didn't make this picture. i was just looking for an excuse to post it. :)

it lives here: http://www.papa-m.com/web/friendjournal/spiderbland.jpg

SadieOutlaw said:

i had a deadly time though and there were loads of other GOOD things but i'm too tired to write them.
how were slint amazing? i thought we were having a conversation way over on the left side of the carpet and you weren't even paying attention. you always defend slint. *cough* ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back