ATP (4 Viewers)

Super Dexta said:
hooray! this is making me feel better about forking out more than 30 euro to see slint this weekend. hooray.
30 euro is a joke price. They were fucking incredible at ATP.

cyclotron said:
:) Ah sure I KNOW you love Deerhoof Paul...
What I've heard of them is fantastic, I can't wait to see them here should they come this way..hey, what about a Lazybird show..they can stay with you and serenade you all night :)
deerhoof rocked big time on friday night. the japanese wan is one of the smallest people I've ever seen. even onstage she was shorter than most of the people at the gig..

boigaz said:
30 euro is a joke price. They were fucking incredible at ATP.
3O euro ? Is it safe to say they can fuck off ? Or going on ATP, is it worth it...?

cyclotron said:
3O euro ? Is it safe to say they can fuck off ? Or going on ATP, is it worth it...?

Well if you think that Slint are on the great rock bands of the last 20 years or so and this is probably your only chance to see them ever, then 30 euro is nothing really.

If you don't think that, if you dont like them, don't worship Spiderland like so many do, then it's not worth it.

They were really good at ATP. I dont think fans will be dissapointed. If you're not a fan though then I don't think they'll make you become one by seeing them live ....

atp. home of the world's smallest pizza slice..

pizza.jpg

hugh said:
Well if you think that Slint are on the great rock bands of the last 20 years or so and this is probably your only chance to see them ever, then 30 euro is nothing really.

If you don't think that, if you dont like them, don't worship Spiderland like so many do, then it's not worth it.

They were really good at ATP. I dont think fans will be dissapointed. If you're not a fan though then I don't think they'll make you become one by seeing them live ....

how long did they play for? did they do all of spiderland? how much tweez? glenn? cortez the killer? were they a 5 peice with mcmahan just singing?:confused:

i've had this incredible feeling of well-being since slint played, despite a metaphorical ton of shit landing on me today and yesterday, probably tomorrow too.
i enjoyed carrying tom. deerhoof. bad wizard. the fucking melvins! david wow. dancing like a fool to the stooges. naysayer. matmos. mum was a really amazing way to end, i didn't even like them before. making new friends.

spectraljanitor said:
how long did they play for? did they do all of spiderland? how much tweez? glenn? cortez the killer? were they a 5 peice with mcmahan just singing?:confused:

he played guitar in the instrumental tracks, i think it was his brother filling in while he spoke in other tracks. they never used to have the speaking at gigs apparently.
played all of spiderland, i *think*, not sure about for dinner... glenn, yes. it seemed a bit slow (maybe my turntable is a bit fast?) but was amazing. tweez - a good mix.
washer was like sharing ten thousand nights spent alone in a dark room with everyone. spiritual? maybe i'm just being cheesy? dont care.
good morning, captain was (for me) like being in a trance, then at the end the whole crowd just exploded and everyone yelled I MISS YOU
fuckin magic.

muertos vivientes! said:
he played guitar in the instrumental tracks, i think it was his brother filling in while he spoke in other tracks. they never used to have the speaking at gigs apparently.
played all of spiderland, i *think*, not sure about for dinner... glenn, yes. it seemed a bit slow (maybe my turntable is a bit fast?) but was amazing. tweez - a good mix.
washer was like sharing ten thousand nights spent alone in a dark room with everyone. spiritual? maybe i'm just being cheesy? dont care.
good morning, captain was (for me) like being in a trance, then at the end the whole crowd just exploded and everyone yelled I MISS YOU
fuckin magic.

thanks! excellent:p looking forward to saturday...washer in particular:)

cyclotron said:
Ah c'mon, people pay a LOT more for a lot less. Does that mean it's worth 30 quid? If you're a fan of Slint - for the show they're going to put on - any day. If you don't care for them then fuck it, it's not the cheapest I suppose.

muertos vivientes! said:
fuckin magic.

that sums it up pretty well, don't think i need to say anything more really, cept i wasn't going to go to the vicar st gig coz i'm hilariously broke but now i welcome more debt to see them again.

hermie said:
that sums it up pretty well, don't think i need to say anything more really, cept i wasn't going to go to the vicar st gig coz i'm hilariously broke but now i welcome more debt to see them again.

sold out yet?

hermie said:

same here. i don't think i could sit at home sunday night knowing that it was on.

sold out yet? well my sister bought a ticket for me earlier, so unless that was the last one...

Collared Deerhoof drummer about Dublin gig at previous ATP. He seemed well into it, but in retrospect probably thought I was a nabbing prick and would have agreed with most things. Deerhoof are great. Slint not sold out.
Did anyone see Born Heller?

this weekend was great

highlights: every second of slint, deerhoof, mum, mogwai, melvins (lots of ms), need new body merch, and the Pots & pans party on Saturday night

lowlights: no go karting, slipping on go karting track whilst very drunk, coldness in general, having the flu now.

dudley said:
highlights:
need new bodys opening song

was their opening song the one that goes:

"PEN, PEN, PEN! WHERE'S MY PEN?
PEN, PEN, PEN! WHERE'S MY PEN?
PEN, PEN, PEN! WHERE'S MY PEN?
MY PEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNN!"

Thats a great track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back