Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
highlights:

slint being mindblowing
badwizard and endless boogies being incredibly fun, though you'd never want to listen to the records
deerhoof being mindblowing
the melvins turning out to be deadly. david yow in a toga
need new bodys opening song

lowlights:
hour long sets by every band, made for tired legs and wavering attention spans by day two
80% of the crowd going "david who?" during the melvins
king kong
everything by need new body apart from the first song
naysayer. best name ever, worst music in years
*no* activites available at all
slint not coming home with me

will up some pics soon

slint were deadly as were mogwai, deerhoof and need new body
top moment: david yow performing with the melvins (who were deadly).|..|

i thought everyone else was severely boring.

i met pajo but didn't have the guts to tell him he put on a prety rubbish line-up instead opting to tell him that it was "brilliant"!ninjaaaa

Brilliant

Highlights: Deerhoof completely blowing my mind. Slint living up to all (high) expectations. Endless boogie rocking endlessly. Bad Wizard were pretty good too. The StareMaster I found entertaining. Rye is a lovely place. Great ATP atmosphere and facilities. Even the bouncers were sound. Seriously bad B-movie on the telly at one stage.

Lowlights: It was a bit chilly which led to a bit of jacket carrying at hot gigs. The Melvins.

Other stuff of note. Matmos were decent enough. Mum were nice to flake out on the ground to.

Highlights: Slint, Deerhoof, Bad Wizard, Sons and Daughters, Miighty Flaslight, bits of Matmos, Melvins (for a while)

Lowlights: All the other shite. Rednails and Love as Laughter in particular. So many nobody sludge pub rock bands. I couldn't even get in the downstairs venue half the time to check out how bad the folkie stuff was. The one off one on stage system was an absolute disaster.

And don't get me started on Staremaster....

oh the pain. had to drive almost the entire london orbital yesterday. in rush hour. why do I do this shit to myself?

did anyone see the guardian review yesterday. atp curated by "david tajo" and his band "flint" :)

musically, a weak atp (almost all of sunday licked serious balls). but much fun, despite many logistic/organisational disasters.

chin strokey electronic "nerds" matmos rocked like fuck. even though you had to get right to the front to really appreciate it. and endure loud talking from everyone who was merely camping out for the slint gig. grr..

so tired..

Wheels said:
Highlights: Slint, Deerhoof, Bad Wizard, Sons and Daughters, Miighty Flaslight, bits of Matmos, Melvins (for a while)

Lowlights: All the other shite. Rednails and Love as Laughter in particular. So many nobody sludge pub rock bands. I couldn't even get in the downstairs venue half the time to check out how bad the folkie stuff was. The one off one on stage system was an absolute disaster.

And don't get me started on Staremaster....

All the reviews above make me very glad I opted to go to the Vincent Gallo-curated one..

Paul

boigaz said:
Even the bouncers were sound.
dunno about that, seems like they were a different security firm than before. with 10% added cuntishness I noticed.

boigaz said:
Seriously bad B-movie on the telly at one stage.
anyone see the star wars mockumentary on sunday? fucking A

and whaddabout neil hamburger? .|..| .|..| .|..| :)

Had a brilliant time at this .... though the line-up was pretty weak we still had a lot of fun ... the general level of crack was good.

Best: The Melvins. Unbelievable band. Totally surpassed my expectations to the extent that when they brought Yow out I thought "Oh cool. David Yow. Great .... now get lost so we can go back to normal Melvins stuff". And I love The Jesus Lizard. I was in heaven. The whole weekend was worth it just for this.

Great: Bad Wizard (and Dudley their album is really good!), Deerhoof, and Slint.

Good: Spoon, Pearls and Brass, Ronan Coldspoon's "dancing" on Sunday night in the bar.

Bad: Need New Body, White Magic, Faun Fables.

bad wizard were astonishing. if you do not like bad wizard, you do not like music.

other great stuff: melvins, slint, matmos, need new body, limerick people breaking their chalet, snow.

bad stuff: sub-zero temperatures.

i had a great time.

hooray! this is making me feel better about forking out more than 30 euro to see slint this weekend. hooray.

photon said:
All the reviews above make me very glad I opted to go to the Vincent Gallo-curated one..

Paul

:) Ah sure I KNOW you love Deerhoof Paul...
What I've heard of them is fantastic, I can't wait to see them here should they come this way..hey, what about a Lazybird show..they can stay with you and serenade you all night :)

cyclotron said:
:) Ah sure I KNOW you love Deerhoof Paul...
What I've heard of them is fantastic, I can't wait to see them here should they come this way..hey, what about a Lazybird show..they can stay with you and serenade you all night :)
that would be a dream come true

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back