Atp Nightmare Before Christmas (1 Viewer)

The one Nirvana played? I thought they were very poor at that. Saw them in the Art College in belafast and thought they were amazing. I missed the end of the gig though as I had to go and get staples in my head due to getting it bust open.

ha - knew someone would say that (unknown convict)

i went along thinking "i hope they play schizophrenia". thurston came on stage and said "this is a song called schizophrenia". it was all gravy after that. the xpressway to yr skull footage at the end of 1991: the year punk broke is taken from the top hat gig, so i reckon they rated it themselves. "very poor" seems harsh...

i'd also say the sunstroke gig was good - lots of sister tunes there too.

worst i've seen was the olympia gig where i had to ask the guys sitting next to me to be quiet so i could hear the show!

The reconstituted Stooges have spent the past week recording their first album since 1973 at producer Steve Albini's Electrical Audio studio in Chicago. The as-yet-untitled set, details of which Iggy Pop first revealed to Billboard in April, is due next year Virgin.

Bassist Mike Watt, who is rounding out the lineup of vocalist Pop, drummer Scott Asheton and guitarist Ron Asheton, is chronicling the sessions in explicit detail on his Web site, which lists such new tracks as "Trollin'," "Greedy Awful People," "Claustrophobia," "Mexican Guy" and "I'm Fried."

He describes "ATM" as "the most what I'd call 'riff-oriented' of all the tunes," and says Brendan Benson may add harmony vocals to "End of Christianity." "O Solo Mio" is said to be "the real ballad ... of the bunch, but way more driving than any kind of 'ballad'," while "She Took My Money" is pegged to feature saxophone.

"It's neat to see how they all three work," Watt writes. "The best I can do is help them let me help do what I can with the bass, follow their direction and keep my head together. Anything else is crazy. I like the way Iggy and Ron get everything they can for the tune right after me and Scotty record with them, so each tune can live in world that's pretty whole and unto its self."

"All the same passions and problems are there," Pop told Billboard of writing with Scott and Ron Asheton. "But the problems are in a more muted style. I'm still the showoff in the group that gets all the attention. Everyone has their role. It's pretty much the way it was in high school."

The Stooges are planning an extensive tour in support of the new album, but at deadline, the lone date confirmed is an appearance in December at the U.K.'s Nightmare Before Christmas festival, which will be curated by Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore.

Meal deal? You going cooking for us all? :)

no! anyway, yr gonna be in a chalet with 3 obnoxious mongos so i'll be steering well clear. here's the meeel deeel...

Dear ATP Friends

Nightmare Before Christmas is just a few weeks away now and it promises to be an incredible event and not just because of the music and entertainment! There are some fantastic facilities at Butlins Minehead, with plenty to do between gigs and shows.

We figured you might be wondering what the options are for re-fuelling over the weekend? Butlins is rated as a 4 star Holiday Resort by Visit Britain, and this is reflected in the quality of the dining options available.

There are several restaurant options available to you and demand for them will be extremely high - but we have teamed up with Butlins to put together a special "meal deal" offer which represents fantastic value for money and means you will always be able to find a place to eat!.

The Ocean Drive Restaurant will be open exclusively for Meal Deal guests. A relaxed breakfast is served between 10.00am and 12.00 noon, with a full range of breakfast produce from cereals, pastries and yoghurts through to the favourite full English!

Dinner will be served from 4pm each day so as not to clash with the events. A three-course meal, with a wide range of dishes including traditional and vegetarian options will be available for you.

This Breakfast & Evening Meal Deal is only available if you pre-purchase it now. Its great value, 3 x 3 course evening meals and three full breakfasts, including Tea/Coffee and soft drinks, all for only £44.95 per person!

That's less than £15 per person per day! - we think its a fantastic deal.

To confirm your meal deal package, simply call 0870 145 0045 with your credit or debit card ready, ask for the ATP Meal Deal and Butlins will take care of the rest.

We look forward to seeing you in Minehead in a few weeks time.

Best wishes

The Team at ATP.

PS - Remember, you can only get the meal deal if you call now to pre-book it. 0870 145 0045 and ask for the ATP Meal Deal.

3) DAY BY DAY LINE UP

More information on these bands can by clicking on their names at:
http://www.atpfestival.com/events/nightmare/line_up.php

FRIDAY 8TH DECEMBER 2006
IGGY AND THE STOOGES
SONIC YOUTH
NURSE WITH WOUND
COMETS ON FIRE
RICHARD YOUNGS
ALEXANDER TUCKER
FAMILY UNDERGROUND
PRURIENT
HAIR POLICE
DEAD MACHINES
AARON DILLOWAY
HIVE MIND -
ASHTRAY NAVIGATION
FLIPPER
DEAD C
MELVINS
FURSAXA -
CHARALAMBIDES
ISLAJA -
TAUPIS TULA

SATURDAY 9TH DECEMBER 2006
SONIC YOUTH
DINOSAUR JR -
THE NEW BLOCKADERS W/ THE HATERS
MV/ EE + BUMMER ROAD
PETER BROTZMANN / HAN BENNIK
GANG OF FOUR
DEERHOOF
BARDO POND
SUN CITY GIRLS
LESLIE KEFFER
16 BITCH PILE UP
BLOOD STEREO
CORSANO/FLAHERTY/ C SPENCER YEH
MATS GUSTAFFSON + EYE
WOODEN WAND
MAGIK MARKERS
LAMBSBREAD
DOUBLE LEOPARDS

SUNDAY 10TH DECEMBER
IGGY & THE STOOGES
WOLF EYES
MAJOR STARS
JACKIE-O MOTHERFUCKER
AWESOME COLOR
MONOTRACT
MY CAT IS AN ALIEN -
MC5/DKT
MOUTHUS
BE YOUR OWN PET
NEGATIVE APPROACH
SUNBURNED HAND OF THE MAN
NO NECK BLUES BAND
SIX ORGANS OF ADMITTANCE
WHITE OUT W/ NELS CLINE
THE SKATERS
THE NOTEKILLERS
BARK HAZE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4) GENERAL INFO ABOUT FESTIVAL AND SITE

THE FESTIVAL HAS NOW SOLD OUT

United Sounds of ATP is pleased to reveal that Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth and founder of the Ecstatic Peace label is set to curate this years Nightmare Before Christmas to take place on December 8th – 10th. Headlining the weekend will be Iggy and The Stooges and Sonic Youth!

We would also like to announce that this years Nightmare Before Christmas event is to be held at a brand new site, Butlins Holiday Camp in Minehead.

Butlins Minehead looks out across a superb sandy beach. The new site not only has a supermarket, newsagent and cash points, it also has Burger King, Pizza Hut, Finnigan’s fish and chips, Sun and Moon Pub, Skyline Café and Yacht Club Dining room. Onsite facilities include a cinema, Splash Water World - a sub-tropical environment that has a huge wave pool, a swimming pool, 3 flumes and also a flume based raft ride - Ten-pin bowling and amusement arcade. Sports include Archery, Football, Basketball, Darts, Petanque, Fencing, Kwik Cricket, Netball, Rounders, Table Tennis, Outdoor Bowls and Crazy Golf.

Ticket includes performances starting from mid-afternoon, with around 50 acts set to play live across the weekend. There are four pubs and DJ sets through till late, plus three nights in a self-catering chalet or room only accommodation all with private bathroom suites and TV’s.

Butlins Holiday Camp Minehead, Somerset , TA24 5SH is located near Glastonbury.

By road
Heading north the simplest route is to take the M5 to Taunton (Junction 25), then take the A358 and A39 to Minehead. Heading south on the M5, you can follow the signposts for the A39 from junction 24. Butlins Minehead Holiday Camp is just half a mile along the seafront road from Minehead town centre.

By train or rail
If you are travelling by train, the nearest main line station to Minehead is Taunton. A bus transfer service is operated by Southern National between Taunton Station and Minehead. This service is available at an additional cost. On Mondays to Saturdays, there's approximately an hourly service, with the last bus leaving Taunton Railway Station at
10:15 pm. On Sundays and Bank Holidays services run every 2 hours from 9:35 am - 9:35 pm. For general information call Southern National on 01823 272033. Please note that National Express coaches stop inside the main entrance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back