Asylum ,Immigration (1 Viewer)

There's a woman who just couldn't be satisfied with only 15 minutes of fame. The depths she is willing to dig herself into and the hatred she is willing to call down on herself, with no regard to her family, for the sake of seeing her name in the papers is quite sad. She's worse than Clarkson.

I've never heard of this woman but she sounds dreadful. "Cockroaches" was how the the Tutsis were routinely described in the run-up to the Rwandan genocide.

I read the petition there and it said that the majority of the people on that boat that sunk were fleeing the Syrian civil war. This seems weird as I thought these boats came from North Africa ....

Looking at TV and in photos most are not from Syria or Iraq but Africans ? Katie Hopkins also refered to them as vermin . This is official its not Europe's fault . There is a rent room relief for those that want to take them in instead of jusl bleating on about how much you love them . Show your love . show how much you care .

Terrible thing to bring anything back on topic but anyone have opinions on this?

Ireland can 'opt-out' of housing migrants under EU quota plan - Independent.ie

I think I read earlier that the UK have already confirmed they will be opting out. Our godawful asylum system would be better than death for asylum seekers but assuming we won't be improving it any time soon, what would be our best option here?

Terrible thing to bring anything back on topic but anyone have opinions on this?

I think I read earlier that the UK have already confirmed they will be opting out. Our godawful asylum system would be better than death for asylum seekers but assuming we won't be improving it any time soon, what would be our best option here?

From a European perspective- blend the Australian approach with the Norwegian while allowing avenues for legal migration. So, announce that anyone appearing by boat and/or without papers will be at the bottom of the list when it comes to deciding who is allowed legally settle (I would advocate they be instantly deported just to make clear the unacceptability of the practise but there is due process to be followed). Next, send more aid to countries neighbouring those most affected by wars etc that cause people to flee, this aid should be used to home those forced to flee- money over there will go a lot further and, from what I've read, its best practise to keep people as near to their home state as possible, both for integration into their new, hopefully temporary home, and for convenience of return at a later date. Finally, set up centres to process would-be migrants in the MENA region, these will allow the really poor to apply for status, at the moment its generally the (relatively) rich who make it to Europe while the profoundly poor are stuck in situ.

It should be the decision of the respective governments as apposed to say the EU attempting to dictate or legislate law for them the only authority entitled to govern Irish territory's and boarders is the Irish government itself unless you want argue that governments and boarders shouldn't exist ?

It should be the decision of the respective governments as apposed to say the EU attempting to dictate or legislate law for them the only authority entitled to govern Irish territory's and boarders is the Irish goverment itself
Mmm, is this the very reason the EU is destined to fail? We are very much not in it together if anything looks a bit hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back