Aslan - Feel No Shame (1 Viewer)

I think I heard somewhere that the kid off that album cover grew up to be the drummer in U2.

If you like that song you should get the album. I loved it when it came out circa 1987. 13-year old ears may not have taken as much impressing as the older version do now, but I had this on non-stop back in the day. Sadly my copy got mangled in my cheap ghetto-blaster that I got for xmas one christmas and I never replaced it.

From recollection there were 2 decent songs (imhoho), they being 'down on me' and 'pretty thing'. Nothing else too earth shattering.

I remember seeing Aslan in Slane that summer of '87. I think they won some new bands competition to get the opening slot to support Bowie that year.

Its kind of sad what happened them since. I know yer man's had his problems and that, but they should have been bigger than the Dublin pub scene.

Remember they released one song as Aslan (as opposed to Precious Stones) without Christy Dignam? I think it was '89ish. He had a double-A side single at the same time. It wasn't very good.
there was also Dignam and Goff where he did stuff with Conor Goff.

16 years on I still agree with what I said there in that post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back