Asciinoid 'Spectrum' - album now available in the shops! (1 Viewer)

Asciinoid

ARTIST: Asciinoid
TITLE : Spectrum
GENRE : Electro/Techno/House
FORMAT: CD
CAT : SEDY013
RELEASE DATE : 18/10/2006
INFO: Full length debut album from Asciinoid

asciinoid_spectrum_0001.jpg

Album Details:
seedyR are proud to announce 'Spectrum', the debut album from one of the newest producers on the irish electronic scene, Asciinoid (aka Liam Dunne).
The album is heavily influenced by the tech/minimal/electro house of the likes of Vitalic, Rex the Dog, Alter Ego and Akufen, in addition to 80's/early 90's breaks and techno ala Cybotron, Motorbass and Plastikman. The album spans a range of electronic musical styles, from dark, growling blips and synths to glitchy, rhythmic vocal sampledelia, superimposed over a framework of solid dancefloor-orientated kicks and sharp, funky electro beats.
House music? Maybe so, but it's William Gibson's house, full of makeshift electronic devices that whirr and click, robotic arms beating out hypnotic rhythms on discarded oil drums, and moving sculptures made from old car engines, scrap metal and neon lights.

This release is now available in Tower Records, Carbon Records, Road Records, Selectah, Spindizzy Records and Abbey Discs.

Artist Details:
Liam Dunne has been producing electronic music for the past 12 years. He has been performing live for the past 3 years under the name Lmd64. This represents his venture into a harder, darker, New Wave-driven vibe, with an emphasis on maintaining a high production quality and a strong dance-floor aesthetic. The album will be launched on Saturday 21st October 2006, with a live performance by Asciinoid at Electricity in Acii Disco, The Hub, Temple Bar, Dublin 2.

Gig Dates:
Sat 14 Oct 2006: Supporting CJ Bolland @ Radio City, Store St
Wed 18 Oct 2006: Tower Records instore performance, 6pm
Sat 21 Oct 2006: 'Spectrum' Dublin album launch, Acii Disco, The Hub, Temple Bar
Fri 24 Nov 2006: 'Spectrum' Limerick album launch, The Trinity Rooms
Fri 01 Dec 2006: 'Spectrum' Cork album launch, Innercity, Fast Eddies

For more details or live bookings, contact Liam at mail_@_asciinoid_._net.

Websites:
Asciinoid.net
myspace.com/Asciinoid
seedyR.com

Seedyr_smalllogo.gif

Arrah i wish! It's probably down in the dance music section, unless they haven't put it on the shelves yet, must check that out myself this evening!

asciinoid_banner.jpg

This week Acii Disco are kind enough to welcome me, Asciinoid, to the club for the official launch of the album Spectrum. Support on the night comes from Acii Disco resident Jonathan Woods.

The album will also be on sale on the night for a knockdown price of 7 euro, that's half the price it is in the shops.

There's 10 guestlist passes up for grabs, also the 10 winers of the guestlist will receive a free copy of Spectrum, so to be in with a chance of one, just mail back the answer to this simple question.

What White Stripes song does Aciinoid do a cover of on his new album?

Mail answers to [email protected] Good luck!

For more info about Aciinoid check out www.Asciinoid.net / www.myspace.com/Asciinoid

* I like colouredy pictures, I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back