are tags gone? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter BC
  • Start date
  • Replies 79
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 3
DinoComicInternetSerious.png

its ok to have a laugh too u know

I'm not exactly qualified to contribute here, but I won't let that stop me. I fucking love tags, there is something about the concept, including the anonymity, that I love. They're like heckles, or the commentary of some guy sitting behind you. They have something that even a one liner post can't really convey. When they're good, they can be amazing. They also can be fairly useful for community self policing. Though the problem obviously is that it's too easy for them to descend into lazy digs. When they are shit, they can be really shit.

The tags here definitely don't seem to have been used to their potential though (I don't know how long they have been here). There's a surprisingly low number of funny tags compared to the amount of funny posts.
There should be a mod option to allow everybody delete everybody else's tags I think? If you do decide to bring them back, the only the strongest survive aspect could raise the quality? It would certainly weed out the cunty ones.

[tag]n00b talking out of his hole[/tag]

finally, i have always found you to be one of the most respectful and intelligent posters on here, and i think the idea of you feeling like you shouldnt post because of anonymous tags is very unfortunate, and a mellow example of my reasonings described above.

Wow, that was a very nice thing to say. I wasn't expecting that, so thank you.

I was being rather flippant before but I don't say to myself, "ooh a nasty tag I should stop posting." It's more the fact that I work in a basement with no one to talk to all day, most of my friends in the states are not online until the end of my work day, my soon to be ex house mate is either watching football or in his room. I could easily go days without actually speaking to someone so my fingers do the talking for me. Too much talking. Those 'nasty' tags were kind of like a good friend saying, "slow down there crazy, you're annoying the fuck out of everyone." I mean half the time I really have nothing to say anyway.

I try not to take the interent too seriously and generally avoid threads I know might get me a bit fired up. I know the topics to steer clear. Tags just seemed silly for the most part. Hell, I didn't understand half of them. Playground stuff really but isn't that what thumped is, a playground?

Hey Brian, I wonder how much more satisfaction you'd get knowing 'oh shit' or 'i talk shite' wrote a mean tag about you? They're not real people, believe it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back