are tags gone? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter BC
  • Start date
  • Replies 79
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 3
I've just seen a lad with a cricket bat sticking out of his rucksack walking passed my window.

Its like they are mocking me.

What if everyone could select a theme song in their Control Panel. Then when someone hovered over a tag the persons theme song starts playing.

I'd have 'greedy man' by james brown as my theme song.

What if everyone could select a theme song in their Control Panel. Then when someone hovered over a tag the persons theme song starts playing.

I'd have 'greedy man' by james brown as my theme song.
Mine is the Supermacs theme.

i have no problem with the idea of tags or rep comments itself, what i have a serious issue with is the fact that they were anonymous. i saw a few notable cases lately in which friends of mine on here were insulted in a distinctly unfunny and nasty manner, in all those cases totally unjustified. it's fucking bullshit. if you are going to insult someone, have the fucking guts to put your name to it. i can only imagine how much of a pathetic sad cowardly piece of shit someone would have be to resort to this kind of adolescent toilet-wall scrawling crap.

I see your point and all but isn't it taking the internet a bit too seriously? I rather liked them as a gauge. If I got nasty tags I could note to myself, "stop posting so much" which is only a good thing. For everyone.

I see your point and all but isn't it taking the internet a bit too seriously? I rather liked them as a gauge. If I got nasty tags I could note to myself, "stop posting so much" which is only a good thing. For everyone.
I totally agree.
Tags are hilarious.
Nasty tags are still nasty, but they hardly break the internet.
If a completely unwarranted nasty tag fucked your day up beyond
all recognition maybe it's time to take a look at the (wo)man in the
mirror, ask them why and make that change.

For some people though, the internet is, and will always be, serious business.

DinoComicInternetSerious.png

I got mentioned in a tag once.

I was quite proud.
Its another sign your making it on Thumped. (The major one being one of Pete's friends on Facebook, obviously.)

i also see your point of view, but i do think the logic of "an don't take anything seriously" ultimately leads to legitimating statements which go beyond distasteful and into areas of abusiveness and defamation.

my problem, as i have said before, is not with tags, but with anonymity. i fully believe in and support freedom of speech, but equally the freedom to disagree, and i do think that individuals should be free to speak and act only when they can held personally responsible for their statements and actions.

if someone wants to seriously insult others or make prejudised statements that can be seen as incitement to hatred, i dont think they should be let hide from it. i am talking in general and not specifally about tags on thumped here, it does apply.

the cases of tags i found offensive, (i would like to restate) have not been directed at me personally, so my opinions aren't coming from a hurt sensitivity or personal thin skin. i think the idea of allowing people to say extremely nasty and insulting things directly to other people without at least a pseudonome that can hold them personally responsible is fucking crap. people should be called on their fucking bullshit.

finally, i have always found you to be one of the most respectful and intelligent posters on here, and i think the idea of you feeling like you shouldnt post because of anonymous tags is very unfortunate, and a mellow example of my reasonings described above.

Me too. 99% of tags were brutally unfunny. They mostly read like a 'text your response' service provided to teenage monkeys.

Actually that's what I liked about them, they're sheer unsuitability and crapness, how anyone could take them seriously I don't know. I think most tag joke were generally groaners rather then laugh out louds

anyway I'm sure we'll all find another way of being pricks too each other in a shady and cowardly manner sooner or later. we always do.

good night jon boy

i also see your point of view, but i do think the logic of "an don't take anything seriously" ultimately leads to legitimating statements which go beyond distasteful and into areas of abusiveness and defamation.

my problem, as i have said before, is not with tags, but with anonymity. i fully believe in and support freedom of speech, but equally the freedom to disagree, and i do think that individuals should be free to speak and act only when they can held personally responsible for their statements and actions.

if someone wants to seriously insult others or make prejudised statements that can be seen as incitement to hatred, i dont think they should be let hide from it. i am talking in general and not specifally about tags on thumped here, it does apply.

the cases of tags i found offensive, (i would like to restate) have not been directed at me personally, so my opinions aren't coming from a hurt sensitivity or personal thin skin. i think the idea of allowing people to say extremely nasty and insulting things directly to other people without at least a pseudonome that can hold them personally responsible is fucking crap. people should be called on their fucking bullshit.

finally, i have always found you to be one of the most respectful and intelligent posters on here, and i think the idea of you feeling like you shouldnt post because of anonymous tags is very unfortunate, and a mellow example of my reasonings described above.

that post is too long, i bet you are a smoker

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back