are concert tickets in this country getting way too expensive? (1 Viewer)

rampz

ok for example: frank zappa is 60 euros. i think roxy music is nearly 70.

does this coincide with its sterling value etc. i could look it up myself im sure but its worht compalining about on here. it just seems that going to see live music is going the same way as the housing market. im still stupid enough to pay it mind you.

get in a band.get signed. then hang around mcd loads and you get freebies.
the little money i earn goes back on tickets. you should see me. im a skinny bollix. i cant affford to eat.

ratmonkey said:
and he's not even alive anymore.

imagine what he'd cost if he was...

Mothers-Of-Invention-Were-Only-In-It-F-303895.jpg

ramps said:
does this coincide with its sterling value etc

i compared a few dublin gigs and uk / london gigs before and the dublin ones seemed to turn out just as expensive as london if not a little more. and london gigs are usually that bit more expensive than the rest of the uk. can't really be bothered doing it at this hour though. repeat of 24 starts in 5 mins .|..|

ilovehoovering said:
i compared a few dublin gigs and uk / london gigs before and the dublin ones seemed to turn out just as expensive as london if not a little more. and london gigs are usually that bit more expensive than the rest of the uk. can't really be bothered doing it at this hour though. repeat of 24 starts in 5 mins .|..|

well there we go. i just think its getting a little pricey. you go and enjoy 24. thanks very much.

Didn't somebody post something on here a while ago about David McWilliams saying that ticket prices are based on whatever the market will bear.

If there's x amount of people who are willing to pay x amount of money to see a gig, then that's what they'll charge. Its ironic I guess that you'll be willing to pay any amount of money to see a band you love, and that need you'll have to see that band is what forces the prices up. viciouscircleviciouscircle

Well I reckon its pretty obvious that we need a bit of competition in the ticket sales business. Wonder why the PD's aren't getting on the case. That would actually benefit people, unlike most of the other free market stuff they espouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back