Apples, sweets and chocolates (2 Viewers)

goddamn you all, i now have the music from the donaghmede shopping centre ad stuck in my head.

more a northside shopping centre kid myself. ah, tommy's wonderland of tat, er, value....

Originally posted by rumpus
Lived in a house there for years right beside the Grill...

Mr. Rump Us,

I heard that you lived in The Fairview House of Fairview House Recordings and Fairview House presents SETTLER, EL DIABLO and OMLETTE AT Whelan's on Tuesday, May 20th 2003.

I know this guy who lives there now...dressed the place up and shit. Looks nice.

!baggyyyy

Originally posted by minka
goddamn you all, i now have the music from the donaghmede shopping centre ad stuck in my head.

more a northside shopping centre kid myself. ah, tommy's wonderland of tat, er, value....

Donaghmede ... Shopping Centre - was the BETTER place to shop - Northside - Northside - was the GREAT GREAT shopping centre.

Kilbarrack was always a kip.

Oh god if there is a more depressing shopping centre I don't want to see it - no wait - I've just remembered Greendale Shopping Centre - Christ almighty that was depressing.

another northside legend - when Hector Grey's gaff went up in flames and all the oul'wans from St. Donaghs over ran the place in search of smoke damaged tat.

Northside Shopping centre is the most depressing place in the world. I cut through it every day on the way to work.
remember the jingle:
Northside (boom drum) North-side, the great, great shopping centre!
Double use of the word 'great'?
This is the worst case of false advertising since The Neverending Story!

"Neverending Story" wasn't a case of false advertising, it was a case of bad advertising. It turned out to be true.

What about the pub in Northside Shopping Centre? Has anyone ever set foot in that particular establishment? It has no windows and I'll wager it's as rough as a busman's arse.

Originally posted by Wilbert
Northside Shopping centre is the most depressing place in the world. I cut through it every day on the way to work.
remember the jingle:
Northside (boom drum) North-side, the great, great shopping centre!
Double use of the word 'great'?
This is the worst case of false advertising since The Neverending Story!

What about the pub in Northside Shopping Centre?

the one kind of next to it? the black sheep, i think it was called. i remember my mother telling me they didn't serve women in the bar.

(er, as in they would not serve drinks to women, not that they didn't have women for sale to those who had come in to slake their thirst after going round superquinn)

(er, as in they would not serve drinks to women, not that they didn't have women for sale to those who had come in to slake their thirst after going round superquinn)

now, that would be great great

the one kind of next to it? the black sheep, i think it was called. i remember my mother telling me they didn't serve women in the bar.

i remember coming to dublin years ago with my mother (i must have been about 7 or 8) and her wanting to sit down somewhere out of the rain before we got the bus home. i remember going into a pub somewhere down near liberty hall and her being quite nervous and us sitting in a quiet corner and her saying to me before we went in that "they don't like women in here."

was this a common thing in dublin?

The pub next to Northside is called Liz Delaneys. It used to be called Oscars until the 'O' fell off and it was called scars for about two years.
It has windows now but the last time I was in there for an end of year drink with my students it was full of the roughest looking women I have ever seen sitting having a pint with a full Dunnes Stores shopping trolley beside them at the bar.
Next door is the worlds tiniest niteclub called Club Hamunaptra and all of the decor is inspired by ancient Egypt, or more specifically, the film The Mummy.

Thank you Anne, Minka... So! if there's no other A.O.B's we can adjourn.
Have a good weekend folks and I'll see you all here on Monday bright and early...*raises chin and eyebrows*...aaand yes that does mean you too, Wilbert. Let’s not have anymore of that tardiness we talked about, hey?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back