Apples In Stereo (1 Viewer)

Lord Damian

just listening to their newest "New Magnetic Wonder" (at least i think it's their newest) - first time i've ever listened to them, thinking it's good schtuff...

...any other fans? what older albums are recommended?

just listening to their newest "New Magnetic Wonder" (at least i think it's their newest) - first time i've ever listened to them, thinking it's good schtuff...

...any other fans? what older albums are recommended?
'fun trick noisemaker' or something. good stuff. next youll be telling me that you're listening to 'the books' and 'brightblack morning light' and all the other bands playing at atp

The older stuff is better. "Fun Trick Noisemaker" is brilliant.
are the older ones similar sounding to this latest one? i was under the impression that they were a lot more 60's psychedelia than this would suggest.

i only ever really liked one song, "go", but it's one of the greatest songs ever written. the rest is too cloying and twee for me, can't listen to people like them or the minders anymore

ah, i'm just happy to discover something 'old' for the first time...never heard of the minders.

Yeah, I like the newest one, but it's more straightforward than the others I've heard. If yer looking for the more Psychedelic Apples, try "Her Wallpaper Reverie".

Yeah, I like the newest one, but it's more straightforward than the others I've heard. If yer looking for the more Psychedelic Apples, try "Her Wallpaper Reverie".
not necessarily looking for anything, to be honest, but i'll find it - new mission: collect all Apples in Stereo albums....something to get me thru the winter.

they're also more hi-fi than i was expecting...were they not significantly lower-fi before? i'm just going by what i THINK i remember reading.

Yep, the early stuff is the same "fi" as Olivia Tremor Control.

minders is certainly 60's psychy stuff, with added twee. check out the hooray for tuesday lp, i forget the name of the other good one

first beulah lp is still deadly

minders is certainly 60's psychy stuff, with added twee. check out the hooray for tuesday lp, i forget the name of the other good one

first beulah lp is still deadly
cool - i just found out what twee is, and i don't think i have a problem with it.

Fuck, if you think the latest AIS is good, wait til you hear Olivia Tremor Control.:eek: You're in for a treat.
can't wait.

I love AiS, but they always have songs that are more memorable than albums.

Try 'Baroque' and 'The Benefits of Lying (with your friend)'.

Love to see them live. They'll have to come here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back