Anyone want to play? (1 Viewer)

redfoot

New band coming together in Dublin and we are currently looking for a guitar player and a keyboard player primarily but if you have anything else to offer by all means contact us.

Influences include: The Yardbirds, Eric Clapton, Rory Gallagher, John Lee Hooker, B.B.King, MUddy Waters, The Doors, Van Morrison, Nina Simone, Free, Albert King, Johnny Cash, Nick Cave...

Either post here or e-mail: [email protected]

Holy crap your list of influences reads like my CD collection... sounds awesome but I'm in cork, good luck though...

Ah that's sucks ass.What do you play anyway so we can dream of what might have been?

Electric and acoustic, lead and rhythm, early on I was heavilly influenced by Clapton (early clapton... cream, blues breakers, derek & the dominoes), but also Stevie Ray Vaughan, Howling Wolf, all the old blues guys (BB, Albert, Muddy, etc...), and Peter Green (when he was in Fleetwood Mac)... lately been playing mainly acoustic, been inspired by the likes of Clive Barnes, Jeff Lang, more singer songwriter types like JJ Cale, Josh Ritter, Erin Mckeown... some of that's because I'm not in a band and playing acoustic on your own sounds better, some of it because I really like that stuff now!

Most of my favourite songs to play are full of minor seventh chords, trying for that jazzy feel, and warm mellow solos if I can manage them... Summertime, Calling Card, Old love, Hard times, "BB blues" (whatever slow blues done like "thrill is gone")... or stompin' 12 bar shuffles (elmore james...), or rockin out to "sunshine of your love" or "smoke on water"... admittably mainly these days I'm playing mostly acoustic.

My god man, you sound exactly like what i'm looking for. I swear I live on a hearty diet of what you play.

Don't suppose we could convince to move to dublin? Ha ha.

Nah sorry dude... though to judge by this forum and others, that seems to be where all the bands are at...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back