Power x 3. Sticks Wanted (1 Viewer)

Brother A

WANTED
Drummer/Percussionist

To join Guitarist(27) [10 yrs Experience]
& Bass Player(30) [15 yrs Experience]

-You don't have to be totally fast or flash,
but must have good timing & be able to change time signatures.
-Some syncopation also
-Many ‘composed’ lines/line parts.
-Some non-repetitive patterns
-Some partial And total improv sections
-Some drum solo’s

INFLUENCES:
Blues (Robert Johnston, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters ... ), Classical(Mozart, Beethoven ... ), Electro(Stockhausen etc.), Rock&Roll (Buddy Holly, Fats Domino, Elvis, Roy Orbison ... ), Country (Hank Williams, Johnny Cash ...), U2, Simon & Garfunkel (& Paul Simon), Motown (Drifters, 4 tops, Smokey Robinson ...), Aretha Franklin, Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder, Carpenters, Love, Television, Irish Traditional(Pogues, Wolfe Tones, Dubliners ... ), John Spillane, Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, Primal Scream, Early Pink Floyd, Jeff Buckley, Donovan, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, King Crimson, Grateful Dead, Outsider Music (The Shaggs, William Shatner), Janis Joplin, Bee Gees, The Bangles, 80's Unmentionables- Wham, Madonna, Abba, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles, Captain Beefheart, Rush, The Who, The Kinks, Cream, Rush, Soviet Filter, Hoovers&Sledgehammers.

SAMPLES
Samples of my previous work can be found here:
http://www.cotse.net/users/initiate/Music_Downloads/
-
As a guide to the boundaries of what this project is about: >>> Track #2 is more 'standard' rock&roll than I'm into now, and Track #1 would be a guide to the outer edge for this now in terms of generally non-standard-instruments based tunes. <<<

CONTACT
-Reply here
-PM to Brother A
-email to [email protected]

I have a lot of influences. I refuse to let the idea of 'influence' go anywhere near the idea of 'imitate'. Thus these are the bands I really like, and I see no reason why I shouldn't let them all influence me.
In fact, if I was trying to compile a comprehensive list of 'influences' on my music, I would also have included things like politics, religion, and philosophy.

If I had put up a shortened list and then added something like "...and lots more...", then surely I've just saved everyone the bother of asking what "lots more" I was referring to ?

Well anyway, the point is made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back