anyone know anyone in mullingar (1 Viewer)

hag said:
fair enough. you ever drink at the cricket pitch in trinity? there's some cool 'score boards' we could 'score' behind... i'm a score whore.
ok so, tomorrow behind the score boards for some scoring. deal.

SadieOutlaw said:
ok so, tomorrow behind the score boards for some scoring. deal.
well, i have tomorrow off work. i was thinking tonight. have you ever given head out in the open?

hag said:
well, i have tomorrow off work. i was thinking tonight. have you ever given head out in the open?
of course but i dont think we should go there yet, dont you remember? it's 1st base, 2nd base.....etc

Alan Latchley said:
Is that the Billy Martin who's a seventh son of a seventh son? I heard he's great.
yes apparently if you're into that kind of thing, which, all joking aside, i'm really not, he's very good. it was kinda funny actually, he works out the back of this cool old man's pub and there was a clear division of people; regular mullingar folks to the right, stupid dubliners with €30 to burn on the left. i was embarressed for us people on the left.

SadieOutlaw said:
of course but i dont think we should go there yet, dont you remember? it's 1st base, 2nd base.....etc
shit, am i going to have to meet you a few times before you give me head?

hag said:
shit, am i going to have to meet you a few times before you give me head?
yeah, well at least twice:p and you have to play the game right, no home runs until you hit all the bases.

SadieOutlaw said:
yeah, well at least twice:p and you have to play the game right, no home runs until you hit all the bases.
ms. outlaw, i believe you've just slapped me with your bolding glove. PM on it's way.

SadieOutlaw said:
kinky john can help you with that. Women feel very comfortable in my pwrescence.

Sorry to break the fledgling romantic saga...

Back to Billy Martin and Mullingar.

Aha! That's the Stables isn't it? He works out of the snug part. What a place - live music, fortune tellers, scary locals. And if you're doing a gig there you can get your fortune told before it. Ask him things like "How many people will we get tonight?" "When will we, will we be famous?" I betcha he could answer that, proving Luke and Matthew Goss were wrong all along.

Alan Latchley said:
Sorry to break the fledgling romantic saga...

Back to Billy Martin and Mullingar.

Aha! That's the Stables isn't it? He works out of the snug part. What a place - live music, fortune tellers, scary locals. And if you're doing a gig there you can get your fortune told before it. Ask him things like "How many people will we get tonight?" "When will we, will we be famous?" I betcha he could answer that, proving Luke and Matthew Goss were wrong all along.
deadly:D i forgot about the back part, it's a venue right? i think there were some little dudes playing that night but they finished pretty early. i wanna play there now.

SadieOutlaw said:
yes apparently if you're into that kind of thing, which, all joking aside, i'm really not, he's very good. it was kinda funny actually, he works out the back of this cool old man's pub and there was a clear division of people; regular mullingar folks to the right, stupid dubliners with €30 to burn on the left. i was embarressed for us people on the left.

watch Beeeeely (fair city style speak) as he takes a walk out for 'some air', he has a peek out of the corner of his eye for people with boyfriends-then tells them they are going to be married in 2 years...he's rakin in over a grand some nights...jaysus we're in the wrong jobs altogether

To d.o.b. re: Hughes-will pop in if about..there's no stage as such, just a few drink-crazed locals who'll act as one...best jukebox in mullingar too (it uses electricity)

are yis playing the mullingar open-air gig with Suzanne on the 22nd too?

?[/QUOTE] To d.o.b. re: Hughes-will pop in if about..there's no stage as such, just a few drink-crazed locals who'll act as one...best jukebox in mullingar too (it uses electricity)

re: this : oh yes garth brooks was the last song to play before we went on i think!

?[/QUOTE are yis playing the mullingar open-air gig with Suzanne on the 22nd too?[/QUOTE]
nope, i don't think so.

all in all, this was a pretty ok place to play.very small room very low ceilings with a postage stamp sized 1ft high stage in the corner of the room. not exactly suited to bands with more than 4 in their ranks or or those that play v. loud stuff but it had a good atmosphere (ah yes a diverse clientelle of people ranging from 8 years old to 80!) and they pay you a few quid (minus p.a., soundman, transport and a beer for each of the band this left us with a big fat ZERO - ah yes its great being in a band!).

the promoter/p.a. hirer did a good job too.

note to self but...: - just because it's very hot up there doesn't mean you should ever EVER unbutton your shirt on stage. ho-hum we live and learn.

QUOTE - "note to self but...: - just because it's very hot up there doesn't mean you should ever EVER unbutton your shirt on stage. ho-hum we live and learn."

but does it always have to be the hard way..?! ..for the crowd i mean :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back