Anyone here release songs/albums they recorded at home? (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
As you may or may not know I'm researching music and technology, centred specifically on home set-ups. I'm going to be contacting people individually about this over the coming weeks and months and I may have already talked to some of ye about it in a drunken haze but I'd be interested in hearing about people who recorded at home and then released the stuff. Is it possible to make a "studio" recording at home?

Yep cdr labels are grand. This is gonna sound so stupid but as long as the music is out there then I'm interested. If you've recorded a load of songs at home and don't ever play them for anyone nor ever intend to then I might exclude that but maybe not.

As you may or may not know I'm researching music and technology, centred specifically on home set-ups. I'm going to be contacting people individually about this over the coming weeks and months and I may have already talked to some of ye about it in a drunken haze but I'd be interested in hearing about people who recorded at home and then released the stuff. Is it possible to make a "studio" recording at home?

steveamanakick's alter ego windings recorded his first album windings at home and is also recording some of his second at home also
and mark o connor recorded his first and second album at home

Oh I do fancy being bored to death. Anyone who has anything to say about the process of making music at home I would love to talk to. My research specifically centres on the computer in the creative process and how that may or may not have an impact on what's created. Anyone who recorded music pre-digital 8 tracks/PC recording etc and released it I would also love to talk to.

The Stoat album was recorded "at home" (i.e. in a variety of non-studio places using (mostly) home recording gear). Touched up and mixed in a studio though. Would be delighted to tell you all about it.

You should try contacting Julie Feeney, she's had quite a bit of success and her album was recorded on a fairly dated piece of equipment in her own place

Oh I do fancy being bored to death. Anyone who has anything to say about the process of making music at home I would love to talk to. My research specifically centres on the computer in the creative process and how that may or may not have an impact on what's created. Anyone who recorded music pre-digital 8 tracks/PC recording etc and released it I would also love to talk to.

yep twas done on a PC

drop me a PM thar buddy and we'll talk turkey

"gobble gobble gobble"

and we can also discuss recording

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back