Anyone here release songs/albums they recorded at home? (1 Viewer)

Sorry, I'm in strasbourg next friday - I'm free next monday or tuesday evening though. Or the following week anytime except monday or thurs.

I've recorded everything at I've done at home, but as of yet I've never really "released" mainly cos I haven't had a band or the wherewithal to get one together to play gigs. But I'd play the music to anyone who wants to hears, I;m nto secretive about it. I don't know if this counts for what you're interested in.

I mainly use tape deck for writing though, with some use of the computer and a digital 8 track for more advanced versions of songs that stick around/need it.

Pretty much everything I've ever released has been recorded at home.
A lot of band stuff I've recorded/mixed which has been released has been recorded at home too.

As you may know Mr. Scientician, every release I've been involved in was home recorded.

Strangleberries & (retards).

The new stuff is linked in my signature. Hasn't been released yet, but I hope we will.

:)

the coldspoon conspiracy's first ever record was recorded in a house but we did use a tape machine and a 16-track and we got a mate who did a sound recording course. We also recorded the last record "cherry to pony" the same way, except partly in a rehersal space and partly in a house. that probably doesn't count although i would still consider it home recorded cause we didn't pay for a studio and engineer and things like that. i've done loads of songs on my own both on a shitty tape four track i used to use back in the day, and then on a shitty pc using "cakewalk" while i was in college. none were ever commercially released but i did give them around to friends on cd's and tapes and things and some of them are on my myspace. again i don't know if any of this is relevant to your thesis, but let me know if it is at all.

tunguska have released a split 7" and split 12"/CD of stuff we recorded in a kitchen (drums/bass) and living room (guitars/vocals).

Apologies for not getting back to alot of people yet. Will be pming some of yiz soon. If anyone knows people who might be interested in being interviewed for this I could give my phone number or just get them to email me at marryapersonality at gmail dot com .

Hey scientician--
ooh, a whole bunch. Most done as some combo of dedicated-studio for drums, o-dubs and most mixing at home, then maybe back to a 'known quantity' room with a variety of monitors for a final reality check. BUT since 2005 all is done at home. I used to own a shtudio in seattle through the big noise era, had the amazing good luck to work on some rekkids in dublin in '03, sort-of retired now (parkinson's-- it's not just for yer grannie anymore:) ) and do allllll recordings at home. Examples on our myspace yokee-->myspace.com/thepromosexualsmusic
you can also hear a steaming pile of other stuff I engineered/whatever on various 'space pages, many recorded in peep's houses, tents, garages, caravans.... pm me for linkages/any questions.

Hey scientician--
ooh, a whole bunch. Most done as some combo of dedicated-studio for drums, o-dubs and most mixing at home, then maybe back to a 'known quantity' room with a variety of monitors for a final reality check. BUT since 2005 all is done at home. I used to own a shtudio in seattle through the big noise era, had the amazing good luck to work on some rekkids in dublin in '03, sort-of retired now (parkinson's-- it's not just for yer grannie anymore:) ) and do allllll recordings at home. Examples on our myspace yokee-->myspace.com/thepromosexualsmusic
you can also hear a steaming pile of other stuff I engineered/whatever on various 'space pages, many recorded in peep's houses, tents, garages, caravans.... pm me for linkages/any questions.
welcome back dude

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back