anyone hear newstalk this morn, i think a junkie may have declared war! (3 Viewers)

AFAIK pharmacists have a contract with the government to supply drugs at a certain price to certain people (medical card holders, presumably). The methadone thing isn't part of that contract, so they can opt out of that without breaking their main government contract

Fuck, right. Did not know that. That's a bit mad.

I'd forgotten this joke. Fucking classic.
BUT IT'S ROLLERBLADING. ROLLERSKATES HAVE THAT 70's SHEEN OFF THEM. THINK ROLLER-GIRL vs MR. MOTIVATOR. AS GOOD FOR YOUR LONG TERM HEALTH AS HE WOULD BE, MR. MOTIVATOR CAN TAKE HIS EXERCISES AND FUCK OFF.
ROLLERQUAANNNDO!!!

ON A HEROINE TIP... THERE'S PILES OF 'EM JUST DEALIN' AWAY, SELLING BAGS AND METHADONE AND ALL SORTS OF SHIT. HAWKIN'S STREET. BEAUTIFUL FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. ONCE SAW A GUY JUST FALL ON THE GROUND CRYING AFTER ACCIDENTLY SPILLIN HIS METH. HE STAYED THERE ALL DAY. JUST PLAIN FUCKIN' TRAGIC.

I considered writing rollerblading but I figured skating was the gay one and blading was the stupid one.
ah well

Probe into legality of methadone boycott launched
Pharmacist vows to fight after being served with a summons
Thursday October 18 2007

THE Competition Authority is launching a full investigation into the controversial decision by pharmacists to withdraw from a scheme providing drug addicts with methadone.

It is understood that a garda and an official from the authority have visited the premises of 21 pharmacists and served them with an order to appear before the authority to explain their actions.

The authority began its inquiry last Friday, sending letters to some 140 pharmacists.

Yesterday, the authority launched a full and formal investigation to determine whether the pharmacists are breaking the law by collectively withdrawing from the methadone scheme.

Taoiseach Bertie Ahern, meanwhile, condemned the pharmacists, saying that they are unfairly using recovering addicts as leverage in the dispute, which could lead to some current methadone users returning to heroin.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/probe-into-legality-of-methadone-boycott-launched-1198889.html

I find it a bit worrying that 'duty of care' is less frequently taken as a given in the last few years.

Like, you have to do a bit of arguing about the concept that there is such a thing as a 'duty of care' before you can argue about how people should be trying to meet it.

It worries me because it's more and more like the US and their attitude towards people who can't afford to pay for everything, especially when it comes to health. The duty of care is something you buy there, it's not an automatic role of any health provider. They may *choose* to provide it, and the Hippocratic oath carries with it certain basic responsibilities, but it doesn't mean you have to treat the uninsured or the poor.

Was it Anto or Greedo who shot first..

greedo.jpg

the death spar

I considered writing rollerblading but I figured skating was the gay one and blading was the stupid one.
ah well
ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!
NO WORRIES. I'M SURE THEY'RE BOTH GAY TO SOME PEOPLE. I JUST CAN'T FIND ANYTHING GAY ABOUT ROLLERGIRL SO I GOTTA DRAW A STRAIGHT LINE SOMEWHERE.

NINJA's POST THERE IS AMAZING.

BEST BIT OF ARTWORK I'VE SEEN IN AGES.

Ah yeah, I know they're on the side of the consumer, pretty much. It just strikes me as a bit mental sometimes that we're so bought in to capitalism now that we have a government agency to make sure that people compete rather than co-operate

They don't stop people co-operating per-se. They're just there to prevent monopolies. The logic of capitalism goes that: the more competition; the better the services; the lower the prices; the more efficient the markets etc... as opposed to subsidising public transport, farmers etc...

I'm not a big fan of it meself, I just study economics.

Looks like the Dentists are rallying behind the pharmicists now.

Should dope smokers unite in solidarity with the heroin addicts? Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back