anyone have a copy of Snow Leopard? (1 Viewer)

ernesto

Stank you very much
Supporter
Solutions
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
so in order to get my iphoto library to work (same problem since fucking AUGUST) i think im going to have to upgrade to iLife '11 which needs at least Snow Leopard (i'm runnign 'old' Leopard) to work. ive downloaded the final retail version of mac 10.6 and spent €18 on a spool of DVD+R DL discs only to find that my superdrive is being a fucking cuntbag. its one problem after the next with me on here lately. it will read DVD DL discs, CDs, DVD-Rs, and burn any other dsic but i keep getting this error 'The device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media' when i try burn snow leopard or any other stuff to a DVD+R DL.

so, does anyone have a copy of Snow Leopard they can post me? i can send you some blank dsics for it seeing as they appear to be now useless to me

If you have a 8GB USB disk drive lying around you can use Disk Utility to put an image of Snow Leopard on it. Boot from the USB drive and install as if it were a DVD disk.

What Theseus said - Just be sure to format it as a bootable drive first - all can be done in disc utility

If you have a 8GB USB disk drive lying around you can use Disk Utility to put an image of Snow Leopard on it. Boot from the USB drive and install as if it were a DVD disk.

yeah im aware of the ability to do that. i dont have such a usb device knocking about. currently downloading snow leopard to my macbook with the broken screen and hopefully working superdrive....

yeah im aware of the ability to do that. i dont have such a usb device knocking about. currently downloading snow leopard to my macbook with the broken screen and hopefully working superdrive....

and my old macbook doesnt burn dual layer DVDs. FUCKING HELL help someone!

and my old macbook doesnt burn dual layer DVDs. FUCKING HELL help someone!

Got a firewire cable? Connect both machines.

Stick your copy of Snow Leopard into the old macbook, start this machine in target disk mode by pressing "T" on bootup. Start up your newer macbook using the "option" key. You should see the optical drive of the old machine on your newer macbook. Install Snow Leopard.

thats just crazy enough to work but im about to watch a fillum on me imac. good thinking though!

Got a firewire cable? Connect both machines.

Stick your copy of Snow Leopard into the old macbook, start this machine in target disk mode by pressing "T" on bootup. Start up your newer macbook using the "option" key. You should see the optical drive of the old machine on your newer macbook. Install Snow Leopard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back