any thoughts on the north vote? (1 Viewer)

Chocohead said:
i would wonder why they felt the need to do it. why generate cash when you're earmarked for extinction? That would concern me more than the fact of hijacking, as it would mean they didnt intend to go the peace route.

Again though, one or two ex provos could have been involved, but I don't think the PIRA itself as an organisation was involved as it would be just to stupid a thing for them to do at this stage of the game.
Unfortunately the garda sources in the article specifically say that they believe
the hijackers to be PIRA and not dissident republicans.

This then raises some very awkward questions.

I don't expect you ever to admit that Sinn Fein and the PIRA are the same thing.
I also don't believe you to be a raving terrorist.
I think you're passionate about your beliefs.
But I believe your beliefs are dangerous and I regret to say that you are what's
known as a "useful idiot". SF/PIRA target passionate misguided folk like you.
However, as annoying as this may be to you, the vast majority of Irish people and the dogs in the street know damn well that SF/PIRA are one and the same.
We're not stupid.

Yet we're expected to listen to this organisation ( SF/PIRA ) lecture us on democracy, prisoner release, restoring the assembly institutions etc etc while they are actively commiting armed robbery to raise funds!

And, yes, *why* are they raising funds?
To contribute to election costs...

yes rothko whatever you say.

you're quoting unsubstantated reports at me again, PLUS assuming the IRA and SF are one, PLUS talking down to me PLUS getting up on a high horse again.

Whatever you say is correct. does that suit? does that make you feel happy, contented and accepted.

good.

As for the hijacking .. lets wait and see if theres any other news about the supposed link outside the Irish Times.

You are what I called a fecking eejit, but called me a 'useful idiot' if you feel that makes you important and make you look like you know what you;re talking about.

seriously man ... how can you spout so much crap all in one day?

You're hilarious.

I mean, I'd like to think that I put across my arguments and questions
in a coherent intelligent way and you know, even if you completely disagree,
which you obviously do, I'd like to think that the person I'm having this discussion
with was at least capable of replying with their side of the debate.

But all you seem to be able to contribute is the internet equivalant of clasping your hands firmly over your ears and shouting "la la la la la la, I can't hear you, la la la la"

Or when you're not doing that you just declare:
"you're spouting crap!"

....and then, er, nothing.

:rolleyes:

Lads, i think ye are stuck on just the one thing really

One of believes SF and the PIRA are separate entities with no dealings between them anymore.

The other one doesn't.

Since I don't know which of these is true, I can't help much

Choco, can you offer conclusive proof that SF and the PIRA have no dealings with each other?

Obviously, anything that's been published anywhere aprt from on a bulletin board will be inadmissable :)

Rothko, I think it's a bit harsh to call Choco a useful idiot ... apart from the *fingers in ears* 'I can't hear you' approach he does seem capable of reasonable debate

Now, ye can both have a go at me

thats OK.

ljon, I only do the im not listening bit whenever Im being given the same information time and time again. I apologise for that. I am quite able for debate if I could get one.

I cant prove that SF and the ira are separate entities. I can only say that no-one in our cumann appears to be in the IRA, but they're all in Sinn Fein.

rothko - were you listening to the evening news? The gardai have said they 'think' some 'elements associated with' the provos were involved. thats completely different than saying the provos were involved. Bertie even said there was no evidence to support that theory.

Did you also catch the bit about the omagh bomb and how the guards kept back information that could have stopped it? That was actually in the ombudmans report earlier in the year about the omagh bomb, but I didnt want to mention that as I obviously would have been making it up in your eyes.

Anyway, so the guards can be trusted then eh?

As I said earlier .. theres no point getting ignorant about this since we'll know if the provos were involved soon enough. or else we'll just never hear it mentioned again until another 'debate' like this - which would mean they werent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back