Any interest in a drum recording workshop-thing? (1 Viewer)

RED(tape)MENACE

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
Just for a bit of fun, like.
All you home recording crazies may be able to learn a useful thing or two. I did one a while back, and it was a good larf. I'll just run through a few ways to mic up kits and drums, and how different mic positions tend to sound. I might even trying doing it all with sm-57's since most folks have at least one of those. hehe.

I would be very interested in a drum recording workshop-thing. When and where? I'm leaving Dublin on the 12th of May so any time before that would be fabregas.

RED(tape)MENACE said:
Ok, I'm aiming for the weekend of the 22/23rd..

Anyone got a rehearsal studio-type venue they want to provisionally volunteer?

that date my be a problem for me, but don't let that deter you. i'll try to make it along.

great idea! would like to, depends on the date. I live far away and I'm usually fairly busy.. however! I wholeheartedly endorse the idea and suggest that drum recording techniques, ideas, experiences, questions and suggestions could be posted here by yourself, and fellow thumpers, to compliment the clinic!

I've recorded drums before but not in a long while, and the working method available to me at the time was pretty DIY to say the least. under the circimstances I suppose the outcome wasn't too bad, but was a bit of an ordeal nonetheless. finding useful advice on the net can be a bit daunting, scattered and even contradictary at times, so I think it could be very useful to open a forum the black art of drum recording for the many home recording thumped headz!

whaddya think?

Haha. That'd be a full time job all by itself.
I'll endeavour to post up some links, but it'll take me a while to re-find most of the good ones. Almost all that stuff is buried in my brain somewhere, and I'd have a hard time remembering where I read all the little bits and pieces. Hoho.

haha, yeah true. :)

actually, I might find myself record some drums for someone pretty soon, for a kinda internet based inter-country recording project with a friend... gonna have to start looking at multiple input recording devices soon in other words!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back