Any decent pubs in the city centre that aren't packed like sardines of a Sat. night? (2 Viewers)

Re: Any decent pubs in the city centre that aren't packed like sardines of a Sat. nig

Nealon's on Capel St
Never too packed and just next to all the madness if you get the shout.
Or Walshe's a little further out. Defo no music there.

Knacker drinking behind Christchurch is highly recommended.
That platform in the Civic Offices park has a natural echo chamber. Deadly stuff.

Re: Any decent pubs in the city centre that aren't packed like sardines of a Sat. nig

I was in The Beer Hall abov The Bull and Castle on Friday night and it was great, not too packed with an excellant selectio of beers from around the world. The music was shit though, straight out of the Hogan's school of ambient world music and acid jazz sciffle.

Always hated the look of that place, but ended up in there last week...good spot, fuckin amazing selection of beers. Ended up on the Leffes - talk about a recipe for disaster.

I hate being in town on a Saturday night, I'm an old lady now and I love it!

I'm getting that way lately.

26 years old and a cup of tea, a slice of battenberg and a nice sit-down is my idea of a good time.

ive always disliked going out in city centres on saturday nights. unless its specifically for a gig or somethin. just too many arseholes about.
thursday and friday nights are where its at.

Nealon's on Capel St
Never too packed and just next to all the madness if you get the shout.
Or Walshe's a little further out. Defo no music there.

nealons is a overlooked gem. music, but not too loud or objectionable for the most part.

Used to drink there loads and it's not too far from my gaff now. Cheers for reminding me to go there.

Good bar men in Nealons to, always happy and seem to remember your order no matter how busy it gets.

About 5 or 6 years ago it used to be home to the happiest bar man in Dublin, he had black curley hair and never stopped smiling :)

I think I remember him.

is the bankers busy at night? i always go there for soccer matches on a saturday and sunday but have never stayed past 7 oclock

I'm a big fan of Bowe's on Fleet St. for reading the paper and watching matches on weekend afternoons, but it can get a bit packed later on.

Fucking Eamonn Dorans is a fucking hole.
They run out of beer early, the Guinness is the worst in Ireland,
the pints are stupidly expensive, the proceeds of which goes to a
yankee cokehead gobshite and the bouncers always punch the
head off someone at the end of the night.
Fuck you, the late Eamonn Doran, fuck you.

Bump

I'm looking for somewhere nice near temple bar, any suggestions?

I'm looking for somewhere nice near temple bar

hahaaax3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back