any decent indie disco in Dublin of a Saturday night? (1 Viewer)

hag said:
dazed was fuckin brilliant. deadly deadly club.
What pub was Dazed in? My knowledge of O'Connell St geography was a bit more limited in them days, twas just some place at the top of the street as far as I was concerned...

"POP FACTORY hate The Killers, but will agree to play it for a packet of smarties."
ha.

You would be amazed at the amount of times you hear "have you got any Killers?" per night. But as long as you hit them back with that "I hate The fucking Killers" reply that's what matters.

I wouldn't be dude. They're the band i've been asked for most regularly in the last 6 months. Got asked for the spice girls recently aswell.
When i say i don't and they ask why, i just reply with "I'm the worst DJ EVER!"
Seriously though, who goes up to a guy with long hair who's wearing a flaming lips t-shirt and playing some funk records and asks for the spice girls? drunk girls, that's who!

It's pretty rude if the kids are genuine indie kids. I'm talking about gel dripping, collar wearing, deck shoe shaping, rich kid fucks, who must have a Slane ticket, and went to see U2, after spending a whole week listening to the 'best of 1980 - 1990'.

AMC said:
It's pretty rude if the kids are genuine indie kids. I'm talking about gel dripping, collar wearing, deck shoe shaping, rich kid fucks, who must have a Slane ticket, and went to see U2, after spending a whole week listening to the 'best of 1980 - 1990'.

Meh, you're just causing yourself aggro but if that's what you want.

Personally, my dream Friday night involves getting spoken down to by a snobby DJ, ignored by bar staff and hopefully molested by a taxi driver, but I am aware that that mightn't be to everyone's taste.

CPR's guide to indie discos
(pre requisites- you must own at least one stone roses record, there she goes by the la's, somethin by the charlatans, the killers, the strokes, the shite stripes i.e any band with "the" before the noun.)

now let us begin:
1.get a room- i recommend any room in yr gaff especially if you live in the city centre cos then you can open in the windows and get the true smell of Dublin night clubs (piss/smoke/kebabs)

2. invite an uneven number of boys and girls

3 lash on the records in the most predictable fashion i.e. chronologically.

4. provide a hideous amounts of flat beer and alcopops.make sure people jostle each other to get the authentic sticky floor feeling.

5. stick on how soon is now. girls and boys get off together. this is when the uneven number comes in there has to be at least one person standing by the side of the dance floor looking all moody and mozza-esque.

6. ensure people smoke and puke in yr jacks and around yr jacks.

7.And now you have the perfect indie disco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back