another monday, another... (1 Viewer)

nEiLo said:
did you get this online?

yep, cdwow.ie came up trumps - 13.95 inc postage - but HMV has it too for about 17 I think.
actually cdwow.com.hk is even cheaper, got a dexy's compilation for the bayfriend off it for about 11 quid last week, postage also paid.

P. Littbarski said:
listening to Camoufleur by Gastr del Sol for the memories.
Insignificance and halfway to a three way by jim o' rourke for the genius that is jim o'rourke.
iffin ya likes jim o rourke then you should rent tha movie "Love Liza"...

spectraljanitor said:
isn't one of the hot mum twins singing in the HiM album? (its cool that they changed the way theypresent their name so as to avoid confusion with the goth metal band of the same name wha!)..they're playin ths sugar club soon aren't they?
spectraljanitor said:
what are the 'lab like without mary hansen?
as far as i can hear there is no change to the 'Lab sound sans Mary. The EP is good and poppy and not as irritating as some of there more recent stuff.

spectraljanitor said:
civil was is deadly - especially 'reconstruction'!
The Matmos album gets better with every listen. Contender for Album on the Year.

spectraljanitor said:
isn't one of the hot mum twins singing in the HiM album? (its cool that they changed the way theypresent their name so as to avoid confusion with the goth metal band of the same name wha!)..they're playin ths sugar club soon aren't they?
I actually bought the goth metal Him album when the first HiM album came out - i was utterly confused - I mean how could a music review be so wrong???

they play on the 3rd of Nov methinks

spectraljanitor said:
hot mum twins
that sounds so.... wrong!

nEiLo said:
as far as i can hear there is no change to the 'Lab sound sans Mary. The EP is good and poppy and not as irritating as some of there more recent stuff.

!

must resist...
there are jokes to be made
such as
does the new stuff ring any bells?
or is it all a bit flat?
is there much SPOKEn word stuff on it
etc
tasteless
etc

kirstie said:
must resist...
there are jokes to be made
such as
does the new stuff ring any bells?
or is it all a bit flat?
is there much SPOKEn word stuff on it
etc
tasteless
etc
you could say they're back in the saddle again

spectraljanitor said:
iffin ya likes jim o rourke then you should rent tha movie "Love Liza"...
is this out on the dvd yet ?

Phillip Seymor Hoffman is a great actor...I love all those actors from magnolia...William H. Macy, John C. Reilly, Juliane Moore.

according to the imdb jim o'rourke and will oldham are on the soundtrack...sweet.

nEiLo said:
you could say they're back in the saddle again
ah
verdy good

I wouldn't like to be thrown by any new releases you know -
it's always good to have a handle(bar) on the labs sound

herv said:
these any use? i heard spokes is a bit watery... you heard those "amen andrews" eps viberts been doing?
the luke vibert album is great fun altogether - tres squelchy. "iloveacid" had me sorely tempted to start dancing around my desk, which would have my coworkers thinking i'm even weirder than they already do. have not heard these eps of which you speak - what're they like?

i've only listened to the plaid one once so far, so not sure about it yet. nothing immediately grabbed me, but some nice warm washes of sound.

now want broken social scene thingy and new stereolab ep. roll on payday.

currently rocking the ears are...

dilute/hella split live thingy.
mates of state "our constant concern" and their new one "team boo".

have not heard these eps of which you speak - what're they like?

well, its amen andrews, so expect a lot of amen breaks, and its pretty ok, not as good as plug or anything, simple fun breakbeaty stuff. there are 5 volumes out now,
and i've only heard 1 or 2 so i can['t comment too much, seems grand though. wattser has a few.

i've only listened to the plaid one once so far, so not sure about it yet. nothing immediately grabbed me, but some nice warm washes of sound.

yeah, plaid. hmmm. i used to love them but, neah, we'll see. (will be berated by s.t. for that comment as shes a big plaid fan)

P. Littbarski said:
is this out on the dvd yet ?

Phillip Seymor Hoffman is a great actor...I love all those actors from magnolia...William H. Macy, John C. Reilly, Juliane Moore.

according to the imdb jim o'rourke and will oldham are on the soundtrack...sweet.
yeah its pretty much all o rourke from various drag city/domino releases.
and a will song too.
good stuff.
very downbeat film tho....isolation central.

phil s hoffman is one amazing actor!!

currently likin
american analog set's latest one
an early stars of the lid (ballasted orchestra)
mouse on mars' latest one
some new boxes, corpo

not so sure about polmo polpo - its sorta hyperactive and droney at the same time - doesn't sit well for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back