another monday, another... (1 Viewer)

minka

Website
Visit site
... one of them thar "what are you listening to?" threads.

currently rocking the minkaphones:

[i bought new cds this week despite being broke department]
*luke vibert - yoseph
*plaid - spokes
*the handsome family - singing bones

[cds returned by friend after lengthy borrowing department]
*kate & anna mcgarrigle - dancer with bruised knees
*dj /rupture - minesweeper suite

["just because" department]
*husker du - warehouse: songs and stories

i am still shakey after last night indlugences...:eek:

songs in my head:

yo la tengo "little eyes"
electrelane "i'm on fire"
this mortal coil "song to the siren"
jeff buckley "what will you say"
chicks on speed "shooting for the hip"

stuff bought on saturday but too occupied with cooking and sleeping to listen to yet:

silver apples
pinback "offcell"
pet sounds (as i never had my own copy before.)

also spectac "rabbid"................ absolutely bleedin brilliant.

finally got the broken social scene lp last week, only listened twice due to a combination of no drivers for soundcard in work and broken discman, but it is VG. Right up analoguebubblebath's street I'd wager.

next purchase will be outkasts new lp, hey ya is my favourite song ever right now

herv said:
stuff bought on saturday but too occupied with cooking and sleeping to listen to yet:

silver apples
which one? the 2 albums on one cd thing? "program"is a great tune. some of its a bit sixties but its kinda like a cool time capsule. i mean how many bands could pull off just having a drummer and a guy playing a load of oscillators thru morse code keys nailed to a plank??
!bing
the folk implosion ripped them off totally for the 'kids' soundtrack.

on my minidisc today...

new stereolab ep, new DMST album, Matmos Civil War and HiM (new one)

on cd...

pole 3, Ben Milstein live cd-r and wedding present George Best

herv said:

silver apples
pinback "offcell"
pet sounds (as i never had my own copy before.)

also spectac "rabbid"................ absolutely bleedin brilliant.
Dave (P. Littbarski) has lots of Pinback stuff....

Haven't bought anything in yonks. That Outkast album could be buy - the other one was cool (and prophetic - "Bombs over Baghdad" was written waaay before this actually happened)

Bought last week:

QOTSA - Rated ..... Excellent
Muse - Absolution ..... Rubbish

Mostly listening to:

The above QOTSA and "The K&D Sessions" by Kruder and Dorfmeister

nEiLo said:
on my minidisc today...

new stereolab ep, new DMST album, Matmos Civil War and HiM (new one)
what are the 'lab like without mary hansen?
civil was is deadly - especially 'reconstruction'!
isn't one of the hot mum twins singing in the HiM album? (its cool that they changed the way theypresent their name so as to avoid confusion with the goth metal band of the same name wha!)..they're playin ths sugar club soon aren't they?

spectraljanitor said:
which one? the 2 albums on one cd thing? "program"is a great tune. some of its a bit sixties but its kinda like a cool time capsule. i mean how many bands could pull off just having a drummer and a guy playing a load of oscillators thru morse code keys nailed to a plank??
!bing
the folk implosion ripped them off totally for the 'kids' soundtrack.

nah, its a single album, it has "program" and "oscillations" on it... the cover is white with 2 apples kinda stencled on it. on the inside theres another album cover with the 2 of them in an airplane. the album seems be called "contact".

i know, its a incredible idea, theres pictures of "the simeon" inside and an interview with the oscillator guy.

am looking forward to it v. much.

herv said:
nah, its a single album, it has "program" and "oscillations" on it... the cover is white with 2 apples kinda stencled on it. on the inside theres another album cover with the 2 of them in an airplane. the album seems be called "contact".

i know, its a incredible idea, theres pictures of "the simeon" inside and an interview with the oscillator guy.
doh! what i meant was "is it the one with 2 albums on one cd" - yeah! thats the one. "sea green serenades"...woah! they got sued and dropped after that picture inside the pan am cockpit was taken cause if ya look carefully there drugs scattered everywhere...heh heh!

spectraljanitor said:
doh! what i meant was "is it the one with 2 albums on one cd" - yeah! thats the one. "sea green serenades"...woah! they got sued and dropped after that picture inside the pan am cockpit was taken cause if ya look carefully there drugs scattered everywhere...heh heh!

i'm looking at it now... where are the drugs?

listening to Camoufleur by Gastr del Sol for the memories.
Insignificance and halfway to a three way by jim o' rourke for the genius that is jim o'rourke.
tycho brahe's love life fore the melodies (which is one of the best listens i've had in ages...makes work so much easier to bear)
boxes for the rock
and
Toto, specifically "Africa" by Toto for the harmonies

Yikes !

threeway.jpg

minka said:
... one of them thar "what are you listening to?" threads.

currently rocking the minkaphones:

*luke vibert - yoseph
*plaid - spokes

these any use? i heard spokes is a bit watery... you heard those "amen andrews" eps viberts been doing?

P. Littbarski said:
listening to Camoufleur by Gastr del Sol for the memories.
Insignificance and halfway to a three way by jim o' rourke for the genius that is jim o'rourke.
tycho brahe's love life fore the melodies (which is one of the best listens i've had in ages...makes work so much easier to bear)
boxes for the rock
and
Toto, specifically "Africa" by Toto for the harmonies

Yikes !

threeway.jpg

..I have that camoufleur thing on order from road..heard that last track on it at a mates house the other night..fucking brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back