Another laptop question (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

sorry.
anyways, i have to buy a new laptop, my powerbook is totally shit.

i think i'll only be able to afford a PC, I guess a Dell or summat.

Are these compatible with ProTools generally? I'm using an Mbox.

I did find a page where it listed the Processors that are compatible/incompatible with ProTools, but the processor in the laptop i was thinkin of getting wasn't on either list.

blah

Best to do a proper digaround on the digidesign website.
Also trawl through the digidesign forums and see if there's mention of other people using the same model with success.

You're just gonna have to do the research on this one - mind you, it's better than buying a laptop that doesn't work with your M-Box.

Just "do up" yer mac.

I recently did a reinstall of the OS and maxed out the ram and the fecker is a beast.

Aye, Crucial for ram gets my vote.

They even have softwere that scans your computer to make sure you get the correct ram, and it arrives less than 48 hours later.

And a LOT cheaper than buying a new laptop, ESPECIALLY going from mac to PC

How is crucial so cheap. It's 1/10th the price of buying directly from apple.

Funnily enough, I just ordered some RAM from crucial yesterday (finally got tired of 1G not being enough, damn Vista!), and before I ordered I checked prices on komplett too since I figured it'd be cheaper to buy from an Irish store.
For some reason, crucial can ship to Ireland for €7 whereas komplett charge €13 (an post). WTF?!?!
So I got it from crucial. Lookin forward to seeing if this will help any of my problems (Cubase is a bit of a bitch sometimes, but then, it wasn't designed to run on Vista (SX3)).

How is crucial so cheap. It's 1/10th the price of buying directly from apple.

The problem with Apple (and oh there are many) is they do not continue to manufacture "obsolete" ram. If the ram you are looking for is for an old machine, that needs ram that is not currently in production, it becomes "specialty" ram and they charge you ridiculous amounts of money for it. (preying on the type who fear non apple stuff)

Crucial bridges that gap.

I did a search before for ram i needed for my system. Apple were charging over a grand for what cost 150euro from Crucial. Mental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back