Another institution goes by the way side (1 Viewer)

Thayl said:
The main reason you think H&M are so cool is because they don't have any branches in Ireland yet. Once they open here then everybody will be in buying their quality low price functional yet subtly stylish clothing. And then you'll no longer be the coolest guy in Fairview with your collection of H&M tracksuit tops that your sister brought you back from Berlin.
Yeah, but that's not what earned me that title. I'm 'The Coolest Guy in Fairview' because I don't have a penis and I live in Dublin 4.

Bewley's had shite food alright. I do like peas in pasta though. mmmmmm.

D'you what would go great in the Bewley's building - a mechanics. there's nowhere to get your car fixed on Grafton St.

funny thing about H&M, it worked in reverse for my sister when she was living in london, she'd come home and buy loads of Dunnes Stores clothes, and she'd be the regular little miss fashionista cat-of-the-walk, sashaying through London Town, up and down Carnaby St like she owned the place, the get on her.

I remember driving into Marbella on holiday a couple of years ago - and there was a very posh looking store on the poshest road in the place that turned out to be a Dunnes Stores...! And there was me thinking that St Bernard was the patron saint of school uniforms and cheap shite.

used to buy sausgae bean + chips in the buttery in Trinners for Winners for lunch every friday for 2.80 or some shit. then one day I bought the same slop in bewleys and it cost me 8 quid or somethin. smaller portions too.

I don't think I've ever bragged about my stuff really, most of it was in defence. I'm not a bragger. I never said "my stuff is great", that was probably the fake. Is said some of our recording sounds good to me so far for the album. Anyway I'm changin names.

SpeedRacer said:
I don't think I've ever bragged about my stuff really, most of it was in defence. I'm not a bragger. I never said "my stuff is great", that was probably the fake. Is said some of our recording sounds good to me so far for the album. Anyway I'm changin names.

Prick! You stole my name!

back to bewleys... (will ye be lamenting the demise of h & m when it closes after the novelty has worn off and it turns out penneys was cheaper anyway?)...

their food may have been over priced and their cakes and buns always taste a bit stale to me and the coffee isnt that nice (because it sits in those containers for so long i presume) but theres not many places in dublin where you can go in and sit there for about 3 hours after youve finished your coffee without having staff trying to clear you out so they can get more money out of more people. ive whiled away many a lazy day on the dole in bewleys with me book. and the last time i was in the one on westmoreland st a little old lady (or man, maybe, i forget) cycled into the main back room and parked beside his/her favorite seat. what other cafe in dublin is big enough for that?

sure, they play better music and serve nicer food and coffee at other places (and you can all still go to them while you take a break from shopping at h&m and spar) but my heart belongs to bewleys.:(

Miss Piggy said:
but theres not many places in dublin where you can go in and sit there for about 3 hours after youve finished your coffee without having staff trying to clear you out so they can get more money out of more people.
Actually I forgot, they also do/did lunch time theatre. you pay a flat rate and get lunch and a coffee and a dollop of culture.

Thayl said:
The main reason you think H&M are so cool is because they don't have any branches in Ireland yet. Once they open here then everybody will be in buying their quality low price functional yet subtly stylish clothing. And then you'll no longer be the coolest guy in Fairview with your collection of H&M tracksuit tops that your sister brought you back from Berlin.

I disagree.
even if there was a million H&M's in Dublin I'd still buy clothes there.
H&M stuff is very well made and lasts years.

whilst Pennys clothes tend to dissolve after a weeks wear. they tend to have a nice selection of socks though.
Dunnes is cool for cardigans and stuff.

anyway, I can't say I am very distraught about Bewleys. they are nice buildings to go for coffee in but the food is total gank.

matalan is not where it's at: i have a pair of troosers from there, and they're shite.

as for bewleys, mneh.

the bongo said:
matalan is not where it's at: i have a pair of troosers from there, and they're shite.

yeah. That was a JOKE.

Matalan is the Heatons of England. Though I did get a pair of painfully tight Stella McCartney style-ettos in there last time I went. 14 sterlings they were. A snip.

institution is right. bewleys was like a day care center for schizophrenic middle aged "artists" with waistcoats and lisps whos mothers used get a modicum of respite when their troubled offspring disapeared down to bewleys for their, or a friends imaginary "exhibition". for that reason only will it be missed. st john of gods will not be pleased. it was like a Grogans for recovering alcoholics. the coffee was piss. the buns were stale. the food was overpriced. the oul wans in the frilly chambermaid gear made me kinda hot tho. anyone remember yer man christopher daybell? savage lisp he had.

bewleys lost it when they changed into a sit down waiter style sevice.
there was somthing about waiting to be seated that destroyed the place and
it was never the same. i know they changed it back a while ago.

kirstie said:
I had a conversation about exactly this very thing with someone the other day. I won't be able to smarmily say 'OHHH I got it in H&M, y'know' any more, and hear the gasps of admiration at my intrepid channel crossing ways in search of new and exciting sartorial purchases. Ditto re: IKEA

Matalan is where it's at these days anyway.

Yeah Matalan: all star rip offs for a fiver

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back